41. chapter - Precious memories

Characters:
Tsuna - White Rabbit
Hibari - King of Hearts
Kusakabe - Knight of Hearts
Gokudera - Tweedle Dee
Yamamoto - Tweedle Dum
Shamal - caterpillar Absolem
Hana, Kyoko - chefs in the Red palace
Haru - gardener
Reborn - Cheshire Cat
Dino - Alice
Mukuro - Mad Hatter
Chrome - Mice Mallymkun
Ken and Chikusa - Hares
Varia - the Royal guards of Hearts
Vindice - the Others
Six Funeral Wreaths - the White Royal guards
Yuni - White queen
Byakuran - White knight
Checker face - Time
Ryohei - Captain of the palace guards
Bianchi, I-pin - chefs in the White palace
Lambo - gardener

'How much longer till I reach his house?' Tsuna wondered. He had no idea how much time passed since he left the palace. 10 minutes? 15? He was unable to even guess. Concentrating solely on the way and quick avoiding the mushrooms he decided to just run and didn't care about time anymore. It was the best because knowing how much time he has left would be even more stressing.

Still he wanted to know... Does he still have time before the third stage of poisoning comes? Will he make it in time? There was no one who would help him. It was up to him to reach Mukuro's home within half of an hour. He was alone... All alone... Not even Hibari can help him now...

The brunette felt like crying but tried to push these depressing emotions aside. If the fire dies he will too. That's why he has to run. Run for his life.

He tried to sped up but this fast pace was his limit. The rabbit was exhausted. His legs were burning and he was sure that if he stopped now he wouldn't started running again. Gasping for breath desperately, Tsuna ignored the pain filling his whole body and continued running. He knew that the pain will soon become numb and just as he thought after a while it seemed to him as if the pain was hidden somewhere in his body waiting for him to rest and hurt him greatly again.

Tsuna gulped and then opened his dry mouth to catch his breath. Breathing was too hard. Way to hard... Was it because he was running with fever which made him more exhausted than usually? No... He knew that he was already experiencing second stage of the poisoning. His legs felt like two enormous stones and lungs like burning and squeezing, unable to take in more air. With heavy eyes and forehead wet from sweat, the brunette clenched his cold fists. 'It's so cold...'

It was cold... Too cold... Wait! Why was it snowing? The brunette gasped when he finally noticed the scenery around him changed drastically. He was in the middle of a snowstorm. Everything around him was white and it was impossible to see ahead. 'W-where am i?!'

Suddenly he ran into a huge stone. For a moment he could see stars before his eyes. His body fell down on the cold ground. It was impossible to move because in a moment he got covered by heavy snow, suffocating. 'What's happening?!? How?!' he panicked and tried to move his hands to shovel away the snow from his face but couldn't. 'Am I going to die here?!'

"No!" Tsuna whined into the snow and quickly thought of a way how to get out of this when the reality hit him. Third stage! This was it! There was no way this was all real so the only solution was that this was hallucination.

Knowing that all of this was in his head he decided to calm down as much as he could. 'This isn't real. This isn't real. I just bumped into a mushroom so I'm gonna stand up and continue.' he thought and gulped. He opened his mouth to breath in but instead pile of snow fell in it. That's when panic, disbelief and anger filled his body. He's not going to die here! No way in hell!!