26. chapter - What do I fight for

Characters:
Tsuna - White Rabbit
Hibari - King of Hearts
Kusakabe - Knight of Hearts
Gokudera - Tweedle Dee
Yamamoto - Tweedle Dum
Shamal - caterpillar Absolem
Hana, Kyoko - chefs in the Red palace
Haru - gardener
Reborn - Cheshire Cat
Dino - Alice
Mukuro - Mad Hatter
Chrome - Mice Mallymkun
Ken and Chikusa - Hares
Varia - the Royal guards of Hearts
Vindice - the Others
Six Funeral Wreaths - the White Royal guards
Yuni - White queen
Byakuran - White knight
Checker face - Time
Ryohei - Captain of the palace guards
Bianchi, I-pin - chefs in the White palace
Lambo - gardener

'Huh? What? Did it not work?' That thought crossed his mind when he felt his body becoming numb and falling on the ground lifelessly. Everything around him got suddenly much quieter. He saw Ryohei's shocked expression and that's when he understood.

'I died.'

It surprised him that he wasn't scared at all. On the contrary he was much calmer than he thought he would be. The only thing he thought about was the fight he lost just now and the order he couldn't follow. 'I guess I can't return to you, Hibari-san...' he thought and felt regret. He regretted he wasn't able to win, he couldn't get stronger and that he couldn't confess his feelings properly. He regretted everything.

And then it came. It was as if something lit up in him. Something warm and powerful. It was small at the beginning but soon he felt it grow within him. It was like a fire swallowing him up and giving him new chance. He blinked and suddenly everything around him seemed much clearer - sounds, people, his surroundings - suddenly he felt like he was able to perceive everything much better. And it wasn't just his senses, his whole body as if got new strength and even though he didn't intend to stand up some new power moved him up and straightened him.

He took deep breath and sighed

He took deep breath and sighed. Looking around himself he noticed how much was everyone actually surprised he stood up. Well they weren't the only ones. He was surprised too but somehow he wasn't that shocked, scared or excited about it. He still felt that warmth within himself and it really calmed him. He glanced at his hands and when he saw them being on fire he wasn't that shocked like others, it seemed perfectly alright to him. Those flames weren't hurting him, they were warm, soothing and strong.

'So I'm alive?' the brunette thought and looked at Ryohei who spoke to him but he couldn't hear him. What was he saying? Fight him again? 'I guess that should be it.' He glanced at him again. '...I have to win... I have to win! That's why I'm here!'

While the rabbit stood there with big flames on his hands and forehead, Ryohei watched him, shocked. He saw him swallowing something and before he could do something Tsuna fell down, looking like dead. But what disturbed him even more was this - his sudden change. After he fell those flames appeared, lighting up his head and palms and made him stand up. Tsuna seemed different - he looked much calmer and ....stronger. 'What happened?' he wondered.