36. chapter - Confess properly!

Characters:
Tsuna - White Rabbit
Hibari - King of Hearts
Kusakabe  - Knight of Hearts
Gokudera - Tweedle Dee
Yamamoto - Tweedle Dum
Shamal - caterpillar Absolem
Hana, Kyoko - chefs in the Red palace
Haru - gardener
Reborn - Cheshire Cat
Dino - Alice
Mukuro - Mad Hatter
Chrome - Mice Mallymkun
Ken and Chikusa - Hares
Varia - the Royal guards of Hearts
Vindice - the Others
Six Funeral Wreaths - the White Royal guards
Yuni - White queen
Byakuran - White knight
Checker face - Time
Ryohei - Captain of the palace guards
Bianchi, I-pin - chefs in the White palace
Lambo - gardener

They went through the maze of hallways illuminated by dozens of candles, heading to the King's loge. The brunette gulped and rubbed his eyes. Actually he wasn't feeling that well as he told Haru and Kusakabe before. His head was spinning, eyes were kinda heavy and his whole body was a bit hot.

"Sawada, are you alright?" Kusakabe turned to him all of sudden.

"Huh? Y-yeah..." Tsuna muttered and forced a quick smile on his face. He saw Kusakabe shaking his head. "You don't have to pretend."

"...actually my head is spinning and my body feels a bit hot..." he confessed, feeling ashamed he tried to hide it from the Knight who must have been pretty nervous the whole time.

"Hmmm... It must be because you've lost so much blood, though it's a little weird that you feel hot." Kusakabe wondered and touched his forehead. "Your temperature is a bit higher, so I think your body is just exhausted. After this you'll have to lie down and rest a lot." he stated and Tsuna nodded.

'I doubt I'll be capable of doing anything after this...' he thought with a little laugh and followed Kusakabe. "By the way, Kusakabe-san, have you heard anything from the King?" the brunette asked quietly.

"I was with you the whole time so I don't know much. The King is waiting for us in his loge apparently together with the White queen, Alice, White knight and Hatter, but that's all I know."

'Hibari-san is together with Byakuran and Mukuro?!' Tsuna gulped, suddenly more nervous than before. 'This will be really nerve wrecking...'

After climbing four floors they finally reached the highest floor and at the end of the hall was door leading to the King's loge. Tsuna was surprised Hibari wanted to deal with this in the theater room but maybe it was because he didn't want anyone to see them going somewhere else than to the ball room again.

"Wait a minute, Sawada." Kusakabe mumbled and took out of his pocket small red key with dark red crystal. Tsuna's eyes widened. "That's an Universal key!" he gasped, shocked.

Universal key was the key that allowed its holder take him anywhere he wanted as long as there were doors on both sides. The catch was that using that key consumed a lot of mana but for the King or his Knight it was nothing.

Tsuna watched Kusakabe opening the door and leading him to the room he was never before. The walls were light brown with huge windows which offered a beautiful view on the sea. The ceiling was decorated with peaceful painting of the sky and in the middle was ordinary chandelier. The floor was covered by a big dark red carpet. Right when the brunette entered the room with wooden table with six chairs, he also managed to notice a wardrobe and bunch of paintings hanging on the walls before his eyes were captured by cold steel ones.

His mouth in that moment became instantly dry as he tried to gulp. The heartbeat quickened up and the air in the room got heavy. The rabbit stared at the skylark with eyes that told him how much he wanted to see him. It was strange... He knew he will see him but still when he actually saw him that very moment made his eyes teary.