37. chapter - The other side of past

Characters:
Tsuna - White Rabbit
Hibari - King of Hearts
Kusakabe - Knight of Hearts
Gokudera - Tweedle Dee
Yamamoto - Tweedle Dum
Shamal - caterpillar Absolem
Hana, Kyoko - chefs in the Red palace
Haru - gardener
Reborn - Cheshire Cat
Dino - Alice
Mukuro - Mad Hatter
Chrome - Mice Mallymkun
Ken and Chikusa - Hares
Varia - the Royal guards of Hearts
Vindice - the Others
Six Funeral Wreaths - the White Royal guards
Yuni - White queen
Byakuran - White knight
Checker face - Time
Ryohei - Captain of the palace guards
Bianchi, I-pin - chefs in the White palace
Lambo - gardener

The brunette couldn't help but feel weird when he was telling the King about his and Dino's future. He explained everything from the start and even had to tell him why did he want to get stronger. It was kinda awkward because as soon as he told why was he fighting so hard in the arena, Hibari just shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"That wasn't necessary." he muttered while frowning.

"B-but Hibari-san! You yourself told me you didn't want anyone weak by your side!"

"Did I say anything like that?"

"Hibari-san!!" Tsuna shouted, feeling somewhat angry that something so important which practically made him do all those things, was actually so pointless. 'Then why did I even fought so hard?' he thought.

When Hibari saw his expression he sighed and ruffled Tsuna's hair. It kinda irritated him that his words made the rabbit uneasy and even fight to the point he harmed himself like that, but at the same time he felt a bit happy he went so far just for him. "Don't think so hard about it, little animal. It doesn't matter anymore."

"

"...so it's nothing to you?" Tsuna mumbled while looking down on his fingers.

Suddenly Hibari grabbed his jaw and lifted his head harshly. "I didn't say that!" he growled and the brunette gulped nervously, pale white. "It doesn't matter because it's in the past! Also don't go so far as staking your life on line just for me! I'll bite you to death if you do it again!"

'Aren't you contradicting yourself?!' Tsuna thought but when he saw Hibari's narrowed eyes, he started to understand that he only worried him by what he did.

"I'll try." he smiled bashfully. Though Hibari wasn't completely satisfied with his answer, he let go of him. He thought of everything the rabbit told him and finally it made sense. Tsuna's strange behavior, his resolve and so on. Now everything was settled!

"Alright, if you don't have anything else to tell me, I'll let Kusakabe to take you to my room." Hibari stood up and wanted to call the Knight but Tsuna's hand stopped him.