4. chapter - Mystery of the spiky hair

Characters:
Tsuna - White Rabbit
Hibari - King of Hearts
Kusakabe - Knight of Hearts
Gokudera - Tweedle Dee
Yamamoto - Tweedle Dum
Shamal - caterpillar Absolem
Hana, Kyoko - chefs in the Red palace
Haru - gardener
Reborn - Cheshire Cat

The girl closed the door behind him, when they left the room and pointed at the small cart covered with white cloth. Tsuna recognized it carried Hibari's dinner in it but didn't understand, why was she showing it to him.

"Bring it to the King's reception." she said suddenly. The brunette gave her look of disbelief, but she ignored him completely. She was about to leave, when Tsuna stopped her.

"W-wait! What do yo-you mean?! Why am I in charge of it??" he stuttered with shocked expression. He didn't understand. It didn't make any sense - why would Hibari wanted him to do it?

"King's orders." the girl replied simply and left Tsuna stand there, completely confused. He stood there for a while, staring at the cart and then he gulped and took a deep breath. Maybe the King wanted him to do it, because Tsuna was the fastest. 'If that's the case I should hurry!'

The brunette quickly grabbed the cart and headed to the reception. At the end of the hallway, there were special stairway only used by the servants. It was made so the carts with food could be easily taken to higher floors. Tsuna climbed the stairs with the food as fast as he could but Hibari occupied the highest floor, so it took him some time before he finally overcame the last stair. He gasped and leaned on the wall - after this exhausting day, he was pretty much drained.

'Well let's deliver this to Hibari-san and head back to my room.' he thought as he imagined the fluffy bed waiting for him. He turned a corner and went through a maze of hallways. The width of hallways changed every time Tsuna turned but he was used to it. He chuckled when he remembered how he got lost one time. 'That was pretty lame...oh! I'm here already.'

The brunette stopped in front of nicely decorated wooden door and smartened himself up. 'Yosh!' He knocked and waited for the King allowing him to enter. Tsuna clenched the cart nervously and when he heard Hibari's deep voice, he gulped and opened the door.

The King's reception wasn't that enormous as Tsuna expected - there were two cabinets full of beautiful cups and glasses, one big desk and two large sofas with small table between them. On the right side was also a fireplace where was burning fire with two chairs. Hibari was sitting on one sofa glaring at him with those grey steel eyes making the brunette blush.

 Hibari was sitting on one sofa glaring at him with those grey steel eyes making the brunette blush

"S-sorry for introduction, m-my King. I've brought you your dinner." Tsuna said looking down and shuffling around. He wanted to put Hibari's food on the small table but was stopped by the King.

"Leave the cart there, I don't want to eat right now." he ordered still piercing the Rabbit with his eyes.

"H-hai!" Tsuna replied and put his hands down. Embarrassing silence fell between them and the brunette, squeezing his shirt, wondered what to do. 'Should I leave? But I want to know why the King wanted me to do this...' He lifted his head, finding Hibari staring at him and his face darkened even more. 'IMPOSSIBLE!! How am I supposed to ask something like this when he's watching me so intensively?!?'