20. chapter - Overly energetic guide

Characters:
Tsuna - White Rabbit
Hibari - King of Hearts
Kusakabe  - Knight of Hearts
Gokudera - Tweedle Dee
Yamamoto - Tweedle Dum
Shamal - caterpillar Absolem
Hana, Kyoko - chefs in the Red palace
Haru - gardener
Reborn - Cheshire Cat
Dino - Alice
Mukuro - Mad Hatter
Chrome - Mice Mallymkun
Ken and Chikusa - Hares
Varia - the Royal guards of Hearts
Vindice - the Others
Six Funeral Wreaths - the White Royal guards
Yuni - White queen
Byakuran - White knight
Checker face - Time
Ryohei - Captain of the palace guards

The peaceful breeze blew through quiet garden and silence grew between the brunette and White queen as the last words have been told. Both of them kept looking forward at beautiful trees and the atmosphere was surprisingly light but also quite sad. Yuni thought about Tsuna's words, who meanwhile didn't think about anything. He felt a bit better after telling someone but that was it. It surprised him how calm and indifferent he was. It was barely just a day since he found out about his fate but he already accepted it. Well there wasn't really anything that could've been done right?

"So there's nothing you can do?" Yuni asked him after a while of silence.

The brunette shook his head apathetically. "No. From what I saw it's quite clear - it's me or Dino-san. I remember it. I saw myself die or him and there's no way I can let him die and live instead. It's better this way..."

Tsuna sighed. He guessed that what he saw will occur during the ball. If that's the case he has about 10 days, maybe not even that. 'I guess I won't make it in time, confessing to Hibari-san... There's no way I'll get stronger in mere 10 days.' he thought and felt depression filling him. 'It's better like this. I bet Hibari-san kissed me out of curiosity or frustration so at least I'll stop being a hindrance to Dino-san and they might....' The brunette bit his lip. He felt his heart ache just from thinking about them being together. It wasn't fair...

"So that's it? You're just going to give up?" Yuni asked suddenly with calm voice.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Tsuna flinched, surprised by the question.

"You want to stop trying just after finding out you're going to die soon?"

"Well...there's nothing that can be done. After all the King doesn't want anyone weak as his partner and I can't possibly get stronger in such a short time." he said and looked down, kicking a rock near his foot. "It's better like this..." he mumbled.

"...if you're ok with things end this way then there's nothing else for me to say. It's just that I got a feeling that you're not gonna stop and keep trying until you reach your goal. From what you said it looked like it - that you were ok with things as they were until Dino appeared and made you change your point of view." Yuni glanced at him, noticing how her words shook him off.

'Stop it...' Tsuna thought.

"You hated the fact that Dino could rob you of the King and even though you knew it would be better like that you decided to change it." she continued calmly.

'Stop it.'

"You were determined to do anything in order to be worthy of your king, even if it meant betraying your own homeland and throwing away a chance of making the Red kingdom more prosperous."

'Stop it!'

"But then you were pushed down by being forced to make an impossible choice and now you are what you are - lifeless body walking around and regretting everything. I thought your determination was bigger than that."