13. chapter - Beginning of the trip

Characters:
Tsuna - White Rabbit
Hibari - King of Hearts
Kusakabe  - Knight of Hearts
Gokudera - Tweedle Dee
Yamamoto - Tweedle Dum
Shamal - caterpillar Absolem
Hana, Kyoko - chefs in the Red palace
Haru - gardener
Reborn - Cheshire Cat
Dino - Alice
Mukuro - Mad Hatter
Chrome - Mice Mallymkun
Ken and Chikusa - Hares
Varia - the Royal guards of Hearts

In the morning Tsuna quickly ran through the hallways while controlling the content of his bag. He tripped more then three times because of it and hoped that he won't be late. 'I hope I didn't forget anything!' he thought and hurried up to the main gate. 'Still I can't wait to see Hibari-san!' he giggled.

'Though I really don't know how am I supposed to face him after what happened yesterday...' the brunette blushed when he remembered their kiss and touched his lips with his fingers. He still felt Hibari's warm lips brushing over his mouth, slick tongue exploring it, strong hand holding his neck, their breaths mixing together. Till yesterday all of it was just a mere dream to the rabbit which would never come true and he had to admit that reality was totally different from his fantasies. 'It wasn't a dream, right? It wasn't a dream, right?!' he kept thinking and let out a long sigh.

'But the more I think about it the more I'm confused. Why did Hibari-san kiss me? Was he just sexually frustrated? No! Hibari-san isn't that kind of person. He's so consistent and strict that I doubt that he would loose his self control like that. So why? I thought he liked Dino-san but it doesn't look like that. Then maybe does he in any case like...me? ...NO! There's no way that's true! C'mon, let's get real!' he thought and tried not to think about it, but already felt his lips curving and forming shy smile. He chuckled and when he touched his cheeks with both hands, he felt the blood rushing to his face and making him red as a tomato.

'WAAA!! What am I thinking about?! It was just a kiss! Nothing more so I should just drop my hopes! ...but still it was my first kiss... and who knows? Maybe Hibari-san likes me at least a bit, because he even let me call him by his name! That has to mean something, no?' Tsuna shook his head and slapped himself, deciding to carefully ask the skylark later when they meet.

'After all we'll have the whole time on our way to the White kingdom!' he thought happily and quickened his pace.

Finally he got to the wide hall with high round roof leading outside through the enormous wooden gate. When he looked ahead he saw another massive iron gate, this time closed and various silhouettes waiting near it. 'It must be Hibari-san and Kusakabe-san with some officers. I'd better hurry!'

When the brunette passed the first gate and left the palace behind a large area opened before him, so he slowed down a little and looked around. As he went on the road towards the iron gate he saw a lawn extending everywhere with red and black flowers forming beautiful figures and small bushes lining the road together with trees which were very typical for the Red kingdom because of their imperishable black flowers. He turned to the right and saw an amazing fountain surrounded by a bunches of bushes and on the left was another one. Both of them were very beautiful and nicely decorated but what stunned him were an enormous black statues of the ancient heroes, who by the legend protected this land from some terrible monster. The statues gave out a very stern and dangerous aura and the rumor had it that these statues came to life when the enemy of the Red kingdom appeared. 'I wouldn't want to be their enemy!' the rabbit thought.

"VOOOIIII!! MOVE YOUR ASS YOU SCUM!" yelled someone angrily, waking Tsuna up from his daydreaming.

"H-hai!" he shouted back and ran towards the voice and when he was close enough to see other people standing there clearly, he noticed two things:
1. Everyone was sitting on their horses and waiting for him except for two people - one servant who held his horse and Kusakabe-san.
2. It seemed he wasn't the only one who was supposed to accompany the King.