38. chapter - Perfect timing

Characters:
Tsuna - White Rabbit
Hibari - King of Hearts
Kusakabe  - Knight of Hearts
Gokudera - Tweedle Dee
Yamamoto - Tweedle Dum
Shamal - caterpillar Absolem
Hana, Kyoko - chefs in the Red palace
Haru - gardener
Reborn - Cheshire Cat
Dino - Alice
Mukuro - Mad Hatter
Chrome - Mice Mallymkun
Ken and Chikusa - Hares
Varia - the Royal guards of Hearts
Vindice - the Others
Six Funeral Wreaths - the White Royal guards
Yuni - White queen
Byakuran - White knight
Checker face - Time
Ryohei - Captain of the palace guards
Bianchi, I-pin - chefs in the White palace
Lambo - gardener

"Kyoya! Finally you showed yourself! What's the meaning of this?! Why are you holding me here??" Dino shouted as soon as the skylark entered the room. There were some very comfy looking chairs, but no one sat down. Everyone waited in tense silence.

At first Hibari didn't pay Alice any attention. His eyes located the Hatter and White knight, stabbing them, but when the loud annoying voice reached his ears he clicked his tongue, unbelievably irritated. "You would cause an unnecessary ruckus if I let you out."

"What?!" Dino wanted to say more, argue with him or something, but he made up his mind very quickly when Hibari's cold stare shifted to him. In that moment he knew he wouldn't get anywhere. "...is Tsuna alright?" he asked him carefully, clenching his fists.

Silence filled the room again as everyone waited for his answer. Yuni looked at Hibari, squeezing her dress nervously. She wanted to see Tsuna immediately but just like Dino she was dragged here against her will by the King. At that moment she was terrified by him. She never saw him like that, he was always so stoic and polite towards her, but right after the play ended he ignored her and Dino's words. It seemed to her that if they made him any more angry he would kill them without giving damn. He left them in this room and soon Mukuro and Byakuran joined them. She knew she had to wait to get some news and the whole time she was hoping to hear good ones.

"He will." the King just said without adding any details.

"Thank goodness..." Yuni whispered to herself. When Byakuran saw her glad expression his tension reduced a bit. If the rabbit were to die she would never forgive him and also since he saw him fight in the arena he came to like him, but only a little.

Mukuro didn't move or say anything and his smirk didn't disappear either, but even if he didn't let anyone notice he felt somewhat relieved though there was still one thing that worried him. 'If I don't meet the rabbit soon, I'll be in trouble...' he thought and wondered what to do. He wanted to send an illusion of himself to Tsuna but right now he couldn't. Not only Hibari would notice but moreover he was now in closed space, completely separated from Wonderland.

'He must have used Universal key to get us here to this space, but like this nothing can get out until he opens the door with that key... This is quite troublesome...'

"Red King," Yuni spoke up suddenly, making few steps towards him. "Please let me apologize. I'm truly sorry for my Knight's behavior."

"I don't need your apology."

"Then is there any way how can I make it up to you?" As soon as she said that she knew what he will demand.