35. chapter - The one in your heart

Characters:
Tsuna - White Rabbit
Hibari - King of Hearts
Kusakabe  - Knight of Hearts
Gokudera - Tweedle Dee
Yamamoto - Tweedle Dum
Shamal - caterpillar Absolem
Hana, Kyoko - chefs in the Red palace
Haru - gardener
Reborn - Cheshire Cat
Dino - Alice
Mukuro - Mad Hatter
Chrome - Mice Mallymkun
Ken and Chikusa - Hares
Varia - the Royal guards of Hearts
Vindice - the Others
Six Funeral Wreaths - the White Royal guards
Yuni - White queen
Byakuran - White knight
Checker face - Time
Ryohei - Captain of the palace guards
Bianchi, I-pin - chefs in the White palace
Lambo - gardener

Urge to just slaughter everyone in the room was stronger by every minute he wasted sitting there. He was angry. No that was too weak. He was furious, so furious that just look at those stupid ignorant herbivores irritated him more and more. Their smiles, their applause, their chatting - he hated it.

Gritting his teeth and clenching his fists, his mind was full of what just happened. They hurt him. His cute little animal was hurt by those bastards. Do they have any idea what is he going to do to them? He will bit them to death, kill them mercilessly, make them suffer, destroy them, he will do anything just to let out this thick anger that ate his insides.

He barely stopped himself from leaving

He barely stopped himself from leaving. Though he could only see red, his self-control and sense of responsibility stopped him. He knew too damn well what was at stake and why did his rabbit do that. Keeping that in mind he decided to wait. He wasn't normally like that. Normally he would just go and kill them no matter what and without waiting for anything. He wasn't very patient kind of person but knowing the reason for rabbit's behavior, he just sat there and drowned in hatred.

His little animal wanted to make this ball perfect and surely he would cry if he were to ruin it now, so he will wait, but just until the end of this damn play. Then he will enjoy their deaths to the fullest.

The King let out his breath and closed his eyes for a while to regain bits of his cool. He glanced at Dino and expected to see anger too. After all they endangered his play too but what he saw wasn't anger in his eyes but something different and it surprised him to the extent that he forgot his hatred for a half of a second. Shock, disbelief, confusion and desperation. All of this was written on Dino's face.

It was in this moment that the skylark found out his suspicions were right. He suspected that the rabbit was hiding something from him but he didn't think it was something big till now. He intended to ask him later after the ball cause he thought it wasn't too important but when he saw Dino's expression he knew instantly that he was missing something very crucial. Something he should've known sooner, something that triggered all of this - Tsunayoshi's strange behavior, his sudden strength and resolve.