Chapter 28 - Working On Us

Start from the beginning

" I've already found that person. I found her August 21. 16 years ago and she's standing right in front me. Kionna I Love You so much to the point that I would crawl on broken glass just to be with you again. I miss you at home. I really do. I miss the way I would hold you at night, the way you would sing when you cook breakfast in the morning sometimes, the way you would put on your business suits to go to work, I miss the way you would straddle me and place kisses all over my face. I just miss you period. When I said I hated you I was still upset about you missing me get signed to RCA Records. I'm not gone stand here and lie to you cause at the time I meant it but I don't anymore. Kionna I want us to try again at this. We've been together for 16 years and we've gone through hell and back like you said and its god just testing us right now. " I said looking her in the eyes.

She put her head down and didn't look at me. " Can we discuss this someplace else? Please? " she asked.

" Sure. How about we go out to eat and we can talk about it? " I said.

" No I meant like we can do it today just not here. Like my place preferably if that's fine with you. I just don't want to do this in public. " she said.

" Yeah. I'll meet you there. " I said.

" Okay. " she said walking away.

" Aye Kionna where my dollar at for getting you them water packets? " Dontavious asked her.

" In the pay check that you get for working here. Bye Don. " she said smiling.

I met Kionna at her place and we were walking up to her condo. She lives in a 3 bedroom condo and its real nice.

" So where do the kids sleep when they come? " I asked sitting on the couch.

" Well the twins sleep in the room next to mine, Jasmine sleeps in the room across from me, and Destiny she sleeps in the room with me. " she shrugged.

" Oh. " I said nodding and sitting down on the couch.

" Excuse the place though. I didn't have enough time to clean after the kids left. " she said.

" It's aight. I know how the twins and Destiny can be. " I chuckled.

Destiny is 8 months, the twins are 1, Jasmine is 10, and Cameron is now 16 so they are getting to be a handful and I totally understood why Kionna's place looked like it did. " So let's talk. About us. " she said sitting down on the couch.

I scooted closer to her but she moved away. " Stop. " she said. " Just sit right there and I'm gone sit here okay. " she said.

" See this is what I mean. Kionna it shouldn't be awkward for us. It should be like old times where we could and would talk about any and everything. I would hold you in my arms and we could talk for hours. It shouldn't be like this. " I said grabbing her hands but she snatched away.

" Who's fault is that? I tried to make it right between us but you didn't even care and then for you to say that you got enough hate for me that you could kill me struck a nerve and I couldn't get those words out of my head. Que I don't think you understand how bad you hurt me when you said that. I cried myself to sleep knowing that the man I gave 16 years of my life to hated me when we were supposed to be taking care of Destiny and then rest of our kids together. I got my shit together after I had Destiny but you turned me away. " she semi yelled.

" I know and Kionna I'm so sorry. Believe me I am. If I could take back what I said I would. What about the time you told me you hated me. " I said.

" That was different. You cheated on me for six fucking months what did you except me to do? Did you except me to drop it and have make up sex? Well I'm sorry but I wasn't gone do that. The only reason I even came back to you was because I Love You and I couldn't see myself with anybody else. So don't get it twisted and try to turn this on me. " she said with glossy eyes.

" Kionna please. Just give us another chance. I promise- "

" Don't make any promises that you ain't gone keep cause you've made plenty of promises to me before and broke them. " she said rolling her eyes.

" I'm gone keep this promise. Baby I want nothing more than for us to be together. Please. " I said getting on my knees.

" Que get up. " she said.

" Not until you tell me that we can give us another try. " I said wrapping my arms around her waist.

" This is it Que. This is the last time I'm doing this. I Love You and miss you too so yes. Yes we can work on us but we're doing this my way. " she said.

I jumped up and before she could say anything else and I kissed her passionately. I backed her up on the couch and crawled on top of her. " I missed you so much baby. " I said pulling back.

" I missed you too. " she said putting her hands on my chest.

- KIONNA POV -

I missed Que so much. I mean everyday I would cry just because I missed him and it hurted my heart to look at my ring finger and not see my ring there anymore but just because we back together don't mean anything cause this time me and him are going to take this slowly. I still want us to continue with marriage counseling cause I think it can do us some good.

Que was on top of me and I had my hands on his chest. I grabbed his shirt and pulled him down to me. I kissed him while he unbuttoned my shirt and slid it off of me. I had on a tank top up under the button up shirt so I was good. I wanted so badly to have sex with Que but also I didn't. He snapped me out of my thoughts by sucking on my neck. " Baby. '' I moaned. He pushed my legs apart and laid in between them and I instantly wrapped my legs around his waist. " Que stop. " I moaned.

He kept going and I kept moaning until he tried to unbuckle my belt.

" Stop. " I said pushing his chest.

He still didn't do anything.

" Que I'm serious stop. " I said still pushing his chest.

Over the past six months Que has gotten stronger cause usually I could get him off me but I couldn't do it this time. " Rodriquez stop. " I said calling him by his first name.

" Will you shut up. " he said grabbing my hands and pinning them above my head.

" Will you stop. " I said mocking him.

" What is it? " he asked.

" I don't want to have sex right now. " I said.

He looked at me blankly but got off of me. " So what do we do now? " he asked.

" I still want to do counseling but as of right now we take it slow. " I sighed.

There was a knock at my door and I went to go get it. I opened it and there stood Jeremy. Why the hell is he here and how does he even know where I stay?

" What the hell are doing here? " I asked.

" I came to see an old friend. Kionna we ended on a bad note and I just want to apologize to for everything that I did. Can I come in? " he asked.

" I don't think that'll be a good idea. " I stammered.

" Please. " he said.

" Jeremy I'm going through some things and I don't need you making them worser than what they already are. " I said.

" All I'm asking for is 20 minutes. " He begged.

" Fine. That's it. " I sighed.

I stepped to the side and let him in. My life can't get no worser can it?

Damn it

Damn it

And

Damn it.

📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱

How was this?

I just wanted to tell y'all thy this book will be ending soon but I have been working on another book called August Alsina : Not An Ordinary Love

So go check that out and that's not why this book is ending I'm just getting a little tired of this book and I've lost just about all interest in it. This book will probably have about two more chapters and then that's it.