Chapter 39 - For a little while inside my arms

A/N

Hi you guys,

I know I said I was going to post the next chapter a while ago, but I was a bit ill and didn't have internet access (which totally sucks) so sorry about that...

Anyway, here are the final chapters of Who Do You Think You Are (it was a little long so I split it into two) !!

Enjoy :) x

***********************************

Stacy's P.O.V.

I tried to focus on what was in front of me and it just so happened to be a very concentrating face. His expression was a mixture of emotions. I tried to take in more of my surroundings and noticed the presence of a second person in the room. I saw two pairs of eyes staring at me as I made a slow and fuzzy entry back into reality - one was blue, the other green. I attempted to smile as I recognized them. "Niall" I whispered to the face right in front of me. "Harry" I said in a voice that didn't even sound like my own as I turned to face the guy on my right. They both began to tear up as each of them held onto one of my hands. I tried to grip it right back, but my dexterity had been reduced to almost nothing and so it was a feeble effort. Niall grabbed me into his arms and a flood of words beginning with "Oh Stacy, thank goodness..." began to rush out of his mouth. Once he let go, Harry wrapped his arms around me, squeezing me as if he'd never let go. "I missed you so much," he whispered against my ear and then kissed my temple. Feeling was returning to my body gradually and my head began to ache like hell. "What happened?" I asked in a raspy, fading voice. The boys looked at each other before looking back at me.

Harry's P.O.V.

There is no way to describe what happened in those few moments.

So that's what it felt like to walk in on a good mate kissing Stacy. It stung even though she wasn't conscious to experience it. I stood there in the doorway wondering why I had chosen that exact moment to walk in. I was still standing there, frozen, when she said his name. It was weak and groggy, feeble at best. But there was no mistaking it. It was Stacy. And though her speech was slurred, we both understood the single syllable that she uttered.

Niall.

Suddenly I was snapped back into reality by this glimmer of hope that brought both joy and pain to me at the same time. I rushed over to her side and Niall did the same. In my mind I was saying a million things to her, pleading with her to open her eyes. And after what felt like an eternity, she did. She seemed a bit disoriented at first, but her eyes settled on Niall and she managed a smile that was the most beautiful thing I had seen in a long time. This is what I had been waiting to see, the moment I had longed to witness ever since I had got her to this stinking hospital. But standing here, that's all that I was - a witness. Her smile, as incredible as it was, was not directed at me.

But then she turned her head and fixed her gaze on me.

Her eyes met with mine and she spoke my name. I didn't realize it immediately, but I started to cry. Niall grabbed her up into his arms and when he pulled away I saw that he was crying too. I let go of Stacy's hand, which I had been instinctively clutching on to, and took her in my arms.

I felt like never letting her go. But when I eventually did, she spoke again.

"What happened?"

For the first time I thought about what this must have been like for her. I had no idea how to answer that question. I raised my head and looked Niall straight in the eyes for what was, I realized, the first time in days. I didn't have the slightest idea about how to answer her question and Niall's face said that he felt the same. It's probably best to wait for Liam to answer that.

Wait.

The lads don't even know yet!

I made my way into the hallway shouting for Liam, Louis, & Zayn. But before I even got to them the nurses heard me and rushed to Stacy's ward.