Chapter 30a - If I had known then that I'd be feeling this way

As soon as the nurses left Stacy's room, Harry made his way to see her. Liam stopped him and handed him her phone and a set of earphones. He nodded a thank you before taking both and entering the room.

Harry’s P.O.V.

Last night was a living hell. It was nearly impossible for me to sleep.

Not that I didn’t want to. I did, well that’s what I thought before I actually did fall asleep. I was having nightmares. But being awake wasn’t any better. Reality was a nightmare too – one that I couldn’t escape. In the morning we had to stop at the police station before we got to the hospital. When we finally arrived, I was on my way to her room when I bumped into the nurse. She told me I couldn’t see Stace right now. I couldn’t handle this frustration. So many hours had passed since I had seen her and I needed to know that she was okay. But here I was, just standing around, waiting.

 When I finally saw the nurses leaving, I made a dash for it. I wasn’t going to wait any longer. When I entered I didn’t know what to do, where to start. I placed one of the earphones in her ear and turned on some music in the hope that she could actually hear it.

"Stace, I'm so sorry. Sorry that you're lying here like this...sorry that I didn’t get you here in time...sorry that I'm such a coward."

"Harry, don't..." I heard Lou's voice behind me.

"No Louis. It's true. She wanted to talk and I ran. I played with her feelings and I hurt her."

"It's okay..."

"I should've just spoken to her. She would've understood. But I didn't know what to say. I avoided her, and now I might never get to speak to her again."

Louis took a seat next to me, "Nooo," he spoke softly. "You didn't know. And Stacy knew the situation. She understood. It isn't your fault, Haz."

Stacy’s P.O.V.

It was kind of hard to distinguish what the voice was saying. Wait. It’s music.

They say you know when you really find the one,

But it’s hard to tell with the damage that’s been done…