Chapter 21b - Had the best time, but now it's the worst time

Harry's P.O.V.

I checked my phone and realised that I had two missed calls from Stacy and a voice message. That was weird. She never left voice messages. She preferred to text or just call back later. I held the phone against my ear, waiting to hear her pre-recorded voice.

*Hey Edward, I don’t know why you aren't picking up but I had something important to say so, uhm...I'll be away for a little while, maybe a month or so. I'm leaving in two days. I left something for you with Liam. I hope you like it. You take care of yourself and try to behave...*

'What? Leaving? Is she crazy?' She didn't even say where she was going. I was about to call her when I saw her caller id on my screen. I wasted no time answering.

"Stacy? Where the hell are you?"

There was a pause before the response, but the voice on the other end wasn't Stacy's.

"Hi, uhm...this is Stacy's phone, but it isn't Stacy."

"Then who are you?" I demanded.

"Stacy's been in a wreck. I saw it happen just now..."

I didn't wait for him to finish. "Oh God. Is she okay?"

"Don't panic, Sir. I'm sure she's going to be okay."

"You're sure! How the hell can you be sure?"

"Sir..."

Why was I shooting this guy down? At least he was there to help Stacy. "I'm sorry man, it's just...where are you?"

He gave me the location of the accident. 'That's only a few miles away from here.'

"Thank you. I'll be there now. Just, I'll be there. Don't move her, okay?"

I was there in a matter of moments, but I felt as if I couldn't get to her in time.