Chapter 37b - I give her hope

Zayn's P.O.V.

"Hey Stace," I bent down to kiss her cheek. "Thanks for the present. I love it. But I bet you already knew that I would. But you're gonna have to open your eyes if you wanna see how good it looks on me," I teased. The silence that I got as a response killed me. "You're uhm, your uncle called today. He said there was money transferred from your company account into their account a few weeks ago an he wanteda know what it was about. So, I told him that you couldn exactly answer that right now." I looked down at my hands, not sure what to sehy. "Listen Stace, I know it must be cool to get to sleep in for a few days and not haveta worreh, but you've really gotta get op now."

Louis' P.O.V.
I didn't really know what to say. I was used to being the funny one, to making people laugh. But no matter what I said or did Stacy wasn't going to laugh at my jokes. So I sat there watching her, wondering whether she can hear us. 'I wonder if she's actually thinking, or dreaming or something'.

Stacy’s P.O.V.

If I die tonight, I'd go with no regrets
If it's in your arms I know that I was blessed

I was sorting through stuff. Trying to wrap my head around what I was going to do about the inheritance my parents had left me. I knew they'd worked really hard to accumulate their wealth and I didn't want to take that for granted.

And if your eyes are the last thing that I see
Then I know the beauty Heaven holds for me

I had decided to keep the employees that had been running the place - they seemed to be doing a pretty good job - and donate a percentage of the profits to charity.

But if I make it through, if I live to see the day
If I'm with you, I'll know just what to say…

I heard a knock on my room door. "Come in" I called out and wasn't the least bit surprised to see my little cousin enter. I motioned to her to have a seat next to me on the bed.
"What ya doing?" she asked innocently.
"Nothin' much. Just trying to decide which foundations I wanna contribute to."
"Wow."
I couldn't help but chuckle. She was so adorable. She always found everything I did fascinating. Sometimes I’d be doing my hair and would notice her reflection in the corner of the mirror as she was watching me.
"I wish I could be like you - you've got a huge house, and tons of money, and a business and everything! It must be so cool!"

…A moment in time is all that's given you and me
A moment in time and it's something you should seize…

"Well, I wouldn't exactly call it that. I mean, I wish I could be like you and not haveta worry about meeting lawyers and financial advisors."
She giggled
"Well I'm glad someone finds it amusing."
"Sarah wants to be a lawyer," she said, speaking about her sister who's just a few years younger than me.
"Is that so?"
"Yeah, she wants to go to law school n everythin."

…So I won't make the mistake of letting go