Chapter 17 - And Now I'm back at your door

Stacy’s P.O.V.

I was busy in the kitchen when I heard someone at the door. The knock didn’t sound like Hannah. “Jus a minute,” I called out, rinsing my hands off and then drying them. When I opened the door I was surprised to see who was standing in front of me. Zayn had probably spoke to him after last night. This was going to be interesting.

Harry’s P.O.V.

I knew that I probably shouldn’t have gone, but I couldn’t help it. I walked up the stairs and knocked on the door. I stood with my hands in my pockets, waiting for someone to open the door. “Jus a minute,” I heard her voice call. It put a smile on my face. When she opened the door, I was so glad to see her.

“Harry?” she seemed surprised. I was a little surprised myself.

“Hey baby.” She didn’t respond. “Can I come in?”

“Oh, yeah, sure.”

“You look good.” I got an immediate blush in response.

“Thank you.”

I looked around. The flowers I had sent her were still on the counter.

“Haven’t heard from you in a while,” her tone was questioning.

“Uhhmm, yeah. I’ve been a little…busy” I lied.

“Harry, what’s going on?”

Niall’s P.O.V.

I went to speak to Liam, tell him about my decision. He didn’t say much. He knew that there was more to it than me wanting to see my family, but he understood.

“You doing okay, mate?” I nodded. He just looked at me. He knew I wasn’t.

“It’s just, every time he walks out of this house I can’t help but think that he’s going to be with her.”

“I don’t think you have to worry about that. He’s decided to back off.”

“Really?” my heart leaped at this sliver of hope, even though I felt really bad for taking off with him.

“Yup. That’s what he said anyway. So you can go enjoy your time at home and not worry about anything,” he tried to reassure me. “And who knows? Maybe when you come back…” he winked.

“Thanks Liam.”

“Hey Niall”

“Yeah?”

“Since you aren’t gonna be around, you’d better do your share of cleaning up for the next few days,” he teased me and I laughed. “That’s not a joke, Mr. Irish-mann,” he said with a serious face before bursting into laughter.