Chapter 33a - Can we stop this for a minute

Louis' P.O.V.

"Now that's just shit!" I said to Liam when he told me. We had barely just arrived at the hospital when management had called to 'remind us' about a public event that we were supposed to attend this afternoon. How can they remind us about something that we never knew about in the first place? And how could things get any more complicated?

"I know, but... It's in a few hours. It's a formal event, you know, so suits all 'round. Lou's already on her way. She'll meet us at the house."

"Well I'm not gonna be the one to tell them," I said, referring to Harry and Niall. I've had my fair share of difficulty with them for one day.

“And by the way, Hannah and her mom are here,” Liam said as he walked off.

As Liam spoke to them down the hallway, I caught bits of the conversation.

"Well, tell them I can't make it," Harry snapped.

"Yeah, something alot more important came up," Niall stated.

"C'mon guys, you know this isn't optional."

"Why don't you guys go?"

"We ALL have to be there, as a band. Lou is already on her way."

"But we can't just leave Stacy like this!"

"It's okay, Niall. She'll be fine. The doctors will take good care of her. And Hannah and her mom will be here with her too."

I knew that Liam wasn't feeling up to it either, but I guess we have to do what we have to do.

Stacy's P.O.V.

Heart beats fast

Colours and promises

How to be brave

How can I love when I'm afraid to fall...

I was four, sitting on my daddy's lap and watching Beauty and the Beast. "I like the Beast," I said suddenly breaking the silence, springin back from my own world.

"Oh, yeah?" Dad turned to me, looking me in the eyes.

"Yeah"

"But he's so ugly."

"No he's not. He's nice to Belle."

"He is, isn't he."

"Yeah and he's cuddly too," I said, scrunching my nose and curling up into a little ball. Dad tickled my tummy and I squirmed, giggling into my tiny hands which I held to my face.

"Don't tickle me!" I squealed between the laughter. "I wanna see what happens next."

"Okay princess," he said, kissing me on the forehead.

...I'd have died everyday waiting for you

Darlin don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years...

Harry's P.O.V.

"Okay princess," I sighed as I planted a kiss on her forehead. I really don't wanna leave you again, but..." I trailed off.

Liam said that Lou was already on her way to meet us and, sure enough, when we got to the house she was already waiting.