Chapter 8 - Spare me what you think and Tell Me A Lie

Harry’s P.O.V.

As I pulled in, I noticed that Niall’s car was in the driveway. I knew that I couldn’t avoid him forever. He’s my mate and we have to work this out. That was the plan, but I still couldn’t help feeling awkward. I was rapidly losing resolve here.

I couldn’t keep driving around like this. I’d been away since last night. I needed a shower and something to eat. I was actually quite hungry, though I hadn’t given myself a chance to think about it until now.  But most importantly, I needed to quite playing villain. It wasn’t a role that I had unintentionally picked, but it was one that I was ready to part with.

Louis’ P.O.V.

Niall came in looking a lot better than I had expected. He obviously didn’t know what I knew. ‘Good.’ I smiled at him, taking the brown paper bag from his hand. ‘Hope you lads actualleh brough’ something back feh us,” Zayn teased and I laughed along. We were really hungry by now, so we got straight to eating. I had called Harry before Niall had arrived, just to make sure he was okay. I had really given him a hard time earlier. Even though that’s what the situation had called for, I still felt bad about it. Now that I knew Harry didn’t know about Niall’s crush on Stacy and that Niall didn’t know about Harry kissing her the situation was a little different. As we sat down to eat, I deliberately took a seat opposite the window so that I would see Harry’s car when he drove up. I knew things would be a little awkward for him since now he knew both sides of the story, while Niall only knew one. I slipped out quietly while the boys ate and chatted. Though I had told Harry to find a way to fix this, I wasn’t going to sit back and leave him to deal with it on his own. At the end of the day, the decisions we make as band members, and as best mates, affect not only ourselves but each other as well.

Harry’s P.O.V.

I was so grateful to Louis right now. When I saw him come out around the corner I breathed a sigh of relief. Louis offered me a heads-up on the situation.

From what he had said, Niall hadn't seen us. Thank goodness. That made things a little better, though I still wasn't sure how we were going to work things out with Stacy. At least I didn't have to worry about being in bad books Niall. I would speak to him and straighten things out like reasonable people.

Niall’s P.O.V.

After breakfast I was kind of excited. I went to my room while Liam and Louis cleaned up. My brain was flooded with ideas as I sat at the table and I could hardly wait to work on the plan that I was formulating in my mind. I had a notebook at my side, a pencil in one hand and me guitar in the other. I was working on the tune when Harry knocked on the door.

“Hey mate. You got a minute?”

“Sure. C’mon in.” He was being oddly formal. I realised that he was probably still tense after how weird I’d been acting yesterday.

“I just wanted to talk to you about yesterday…”

“It’s on me. I was just being really silly. You know how it is when there’s a special girl”. I avoided using Stacy’s name ‘cause it made me just go crazy. “I saw you guys and I guess I just over-reacted and I’m sorry.”

“You’ve got nothing to be sorry about.”

“Thanks, mate.”

“Yeah. So, uh, what’s all this?”

“Just, stuff. You know…”

“For…Stacy?”

“Yeah, I decided that if I was ever gonna ask her out I might as well do it today. I’ll call her when I’m done. Hopefully she’ll be able to meet me.”