Chapter 34 - Words will be just words...

Niall's P.O.V.

I felt like a damn liar, standing here smiling as if I was happy to be here. Under a different set of circumstances, I would have been. But not today. Not when Stacy was lying in a hospital bed and there was nothing I could do to make it better, to make her better. Our entire journey as a band, we'd always tried to be genuine and just be ourselves. But today it was different. Today it was just pretence. Pretending to be happy and pleasant when I could feel myself falling apart.

When we finally got back to the hospital, I couldn’t wait to see her again. I rushed straight to her room, stopping at the door to take it all in. It was as if there was a certain aura about the place, and every time we entered it was in respect of the fact that Stacy’s life was hangin by a thread. Of course we didn’t want to accept it, but the stillness of the hospital room was a creepy reminder. Despite all that, it was the only place I wanted to be right now.

Stacy's P.O.V.

There's a storm coming up and I've gotta prepare myself

'Cause this feeling's getting stronger everyday...

I was curled up on the couch and reading a novel, like I liked to do on rainy days. My Sister's Keeper. I had already watched the movie, but there was always treasure in the text that some how fell away.

...Everything is about to change

Gotta face the fact that I can't walk away...

I like collecting those morsels. I guess you can say that I'm a bit of a treasure-hunter. I held the book open with one hand trying to find the place where I had stopped.

"It was like picking up an unfamiliar piece of sheet-music and starting to read through it, only to realise..."

It was kinda strange. You know how the voice in your head sounds kinda like you do? Well this time, as I read in my mind the voice I heard wasn't mine. It was a guy's voice.

"...it is a melody you'd once learned by heart, one you can play without even trying."

...It's your laugh and your smile

Wanna stay for a little while

I don't wanna go I just want you

In my arms...