Chapter 37a - Before you leave me today

Stacy's P.O.V.

…Heart beats harder

Time escapes me

Tremblin hands touch skin

It makes this harder

And the tears stream down my face

I woke up suddenly to find that I was alone. My face was wet with tears, but they weren't my own.

If we could only have this life for one more day

If we could only turn back time

He was gone again. I didn't even know who 'he’ was but I knew I didn't want him to leave.

You know I'll be

Your light, your voice, your reason to be...

I tried to reach out, but I was too far away. 'Damn it!'

…I'll find the words to say

Before you leave me today

I couldn't tell whether he was the one who had drifted away, or if it was me.

Don't wanna be reminded

Don't wanna be seen

Don't wanna be without you

My judgement's clouded…

Wait. I could hear another voice. It was one I knew, or used to know.

Liam's P.O.V.

I sat down at Stacy's bedside. "You're just doing this 'cause you don't wanna go to Brazil, aren't you? You don't haveta go, you know. Listen, the truth is, we’re all worried sick about you. And Niall, he won’t like me saying this but, he’s been going crazy ‘cause of you. Sits here for hours every day tryna get you to open those eyes of yours. Weirdo. Plus, our ipods are running out of slow and peaceful songs," I let out a little laugh and then quickly returned to seriousness.  I took her hand in mine, “Stace, the doctors said that if you don’t get up soon…” I dropped my head, unable to finish - unable to even imagine something like that happening to Stacy.

Harry's P.O.V.

I went out and did something I'd been meaning to do for a while now. I bought Stacy a bracelet. Her present had been a parting gift, but I hoped mine would invite her to stay. Stay in England. Stay alive. It didn't take me long to get back and when I did, I gave Stacy her gift.

Stacy's P.O.V.

Don't try to make me stay

Or ask if I'm okay

I don't have the answer

I felt soft fingers brush against my wrist.

Don't make me stay the night

Or ask if I'm alright

I don't have the answer…

I was beginning to get the slightest bit frustrated. How could I feel things so...real and yet so distant at the same time? I felt like I was losing my mind.

...your fingertips so touchable...

The hand took ahold of mine, and half-drowned it. I could hear a voice. It was deep and slow.

"...thank you..."

'for what? What did I do?'

...I wish I knew the answer

"I wish you'd just open your eyes..." He sounded desperate.

...but I know

If I go now

If I leave and I'm on my own tonight...

I felt the warmth of his body as he hugged me.

Mid-night doesn't last forever

Dark turns to light...