Chapter 36b - To keep her warm

"Do you guys wanna open it?" Louis asked after a long pause. No one said anything for a moment. Then Zayn left out a little laugh under his breathe. "Well, she did say we can open them today."
Louis managed a smile and handed the boxes out to us, checking the name-tags that were stuck underneath each box.
Liam went to call Niall. I held the box in my hands, turning it between my fingers. Wasn't I supposed to be the one getting her a gift? I opened the box cautiously, not because it was fragile, but because I was. In it was a bracelet. A simple black one. As I ran my finger over it my hand was trembling. I read the words engraved in it.
For Harry, the curly-haired one <3
I smiled to myself. I remember that. It was how Louis had introduced me on the night that we'd met Stacy. I got up suddenly and realized that Zayn and Louis were looking at me curiously. "I, uhh, I'll be back now. I just, I forgot something." As I walked away, Zayn called out, "Back exit, bro." 'Oh yeah' I turned and nodded. Paul insisted on Andy coming with me and though I didn't really want company, I didn't waste my time arguing with him.

Liam's P.O.V.
I walked in to find Stacy still in a coma and Niall fast asleep next to her - his hand mingled into her hair. I didn't have the heart to wake him up. They looked like kids lying there, so peaceful and innocent. I wish she could see this. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and took a picture of them, fighting back tears. She will see it, I told myself. 'Stacy, you'd better open up your eyes babe. Niall's waiting for you' I thought to myself as I turned to leave.

Stacy’s P.O.V.

I could hear the music again.

I should ink my skin with your name

Take my passport out again

And just replace it...

It was soothing and comforting. I wasn't sure if it was actually the song or the hand holding mine that made me feel that way. Yes, he was holding my hand again. When I looked around I realized that it was snowing. It was so beautiful. I started to feel cold. It was manageable at first. His hand was warm against mine. But I soon started to shiver. I tried to ignore it, to concentrate on the lyrics,

'Cause maybe you're loveable

Maybe you’re my snowflake...

but the cold was getting to me. He let go of my hand. 'No. Please don't leave,' I thought, but I didn't say a word. Then he wrapped his arms around me.

...In the winter I'll hold you in a cold place...

I could feel his body against mine, his heat permeating my body and driving out the cold. We sat down or lay down, I wasn't even sure, but it felt like summer. And when I looked around, the snow had disappeared.