Chapter 24b - Don't say the word that's on your lips

Liam’s P.O.V.

Harry was in a bad shape. His white t-shirt was smeared with a mixture of dirt and blood – Stacy’s blood.  He had no information from the doctors about Stacy’s current state and no presence of mind to tell us what he knew about the accident - that is if he knew much at all.

Harry’s P.O.V.

We sat in the hallway, waiting for some feedback. Liam had gone to find some of the nurses and hospital staff- anyone who could help- to enquire about Stacy. We were all in our own invisible cubicles.

Everyone was tense, in their own world, praying that Stacy would be a part of it for a long time to come though it seemed like an empty dream right now. I could feel myself falling apart. I initially reacted without even thinking twice, but now reality was starting to hit. I could see the whole thing. Rushing to the accident scene; finding Stacy in the state that she was in; carrying her to my car and driving her here. My emotions gave way as I remembered every detail. The last moment when I had seen them wheeling her off. The tears started to flow. Someone approached us. "Are you the doctor?" Niall asked anxiously. "Where's Stacy?" "Is she okay?" Zayn and Louis asked. "Yes, I am the doctor." I looked up for the first time, anticipating what he would say next.