Chapter 18 - C'mon c'mon and dance with me baby

“Dance with me,” Harry said, taking Stacy’s hand and leading her to centre of the room.

“Harry…’” she was bewildered, but went along with it.

“Just dance with me,” he said, pulling her closer to himself.

“But there’s no music to dance to.”

“Oh, I can take care of that,” he said, reaching into his pocket and pulling out his phone.

He put a song on and placed the phone on the table as it began to play.

Stacy smiled to herself - Westlife. It was one she knew. If I Let You Go

Day after day

Time passed away

And I just can't get you off my mind

Nobody knows, I hide it inside

I keep on searching but I can't find

……………………

Stacy’s P.O.V.

It felt so good. He was singing some of the lyrics in between, his voice falling on my ear and making it tingle.

...And once again I'm thinking about

Taking the easy way out...

I was lost in thought, concentrating on the lyrics.

Night after night I hear myself say

Why can't this feeling just fade away

There's no one like you

You speak to my heart

It's such a shame

we're worlds apart

I'm too shy to ask, I'm too proud to lose

But sooner or later I gotta choose

 I was enjoying this moment, this feeling. But then he leaned in to kiss me, and I froze.

When I felt his lips against mine I pulled away. He knew why. It was as if he was expecting it. After all that had happened, I was scared.

He sat on the couch quietly.

“Harry,” I said, taking a seat beside him.

He looked up at me, giving me all his attention, making my thoughts fade into the distance.

I closed my eyes for a moment to compose myself – and he did it again. His kiss was gentle, as if it was meant to heal the pain and uncertainty of the passed few days. ‘Good going, Styles.’ This guy knew how to melt me in minutes.