Chapter 22 - But for you I'll be super-human

Niall’s P.O.V.

I got up a few minutes before the plane landed. I was excited to see everyone again. It had only been a week, but I missed the lads. It’s weird. Well, it isn’t actually that weird if you think about it. We spend so much time together that we’d just gotten so used to having each other around. I was looking forward to seeing Stacy too. I hadn’t told her that I was going home, but I was sure that she had gotten the news by now. The time away had helped me clear my head, or maybe it had just made me forget how difficult it was for me to be around her without wanting to be more than friends. Well, whatever it was, I would get to see her soon and then we could figure things out.

Harry’s P.O.V.

When I got to her she was barely conscious.

"I'm here babe. Don't worry. It's okay. Stacy, baby, stay with me. I'm gonna help you. Okay? You're gonna be okay. I'm gonna make it right. I promise."

Everyone around me seemed to be moving too slow. The ambulance hadn't even arrived yet. I could see her slipping away. I had to do something. I scooped her up in my arms and took her to my car. I could hear people yelling at me. I could feel them pulling at my clothes, trying to stop me. But they seemed so distant and far away. The only reality I knew was that Stacy was in my arms and it all depended on me. I didn't have time to think. I had to get her to the hospital immediately. I laid her down in the back seat and took my shirt off. I rolled it into a bundle and propped her head up with it. Wiping her hair away from her face I tried to reassure her, to reassure myself. "You're gonna be okay. Just hold on for me, alright." I was shaking, driving like a maniac through the streets. I pulled up in front of the hospital and demanded that the emergency staff assist us. I opened the back door of the car and saw that Stacy was lying there peacefully, her eyes closed, her body lymph. I stuck my hands in my hair and began to tremble. The only words that escaped my mouth were, "No! Please. No. Just help her! Can somebody help her?!"

Niall’s P.O.V.

When I arrived at the airport, Louis and Paul were waitin fe me. I was glad to see them and they seemed jus as happy to see me.

“Hey mate! You have a good flight?” Louis asked, squeezing the muscle between my neck and shoulder.

“Yeah, except for the man snoring next to me,” I laughed. “But I had headphones,” I said, reaching to where they sat around my collarbone and holding them up a little.

He laughed along with me, “Good to have you back,” he gave me a typical pleasant Louis smile.

‘It’s good t be back.”

Paul helped to grab the luggage and then we were off. I wanted to get something t eat, but we had to move before we got mobbed.

“You can get something on the way,” Paul said.

So we stopped at the drive-through at Nando’s to get a bite. I was all done by the time we reached the house.