Alternative Ending

[READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END]

This is an alternative ending which SHOULD have been the real ending, but I love you all so much so I changed it. ENJOY!

--------
CONTINUATION FROM CHAPTER 30: I CAN'T

       "No.. Come back to me." he uttered.

There was a long silence before I took a deep breath.

"I can't." I replied in a monotonous tone.

"Why? We can go back like how we used to be." he pleaded. "..Please."

"You're an idol, Jin. You can't do this." I answered.

"That can't stop me from—"

"—Jin, I'm also starting to love somebody else."

Silence.

It hurt a lot to say that.

"You're joking me." he bit his lip. "You promised not to leave me!"

"Promises are meant to be broken, can't you see?!" I yelled.

He looked at me in disbelief and he released a heavy sigh. "I—"

"I don't want to hear any of this anymore. What if somebody hears? They'll think that we're crazy. Let's just go out before your show starts and act like nothing ever happened." I stated, grabbing my phone and food before heading out of the room, leaving him behind.

I don't want to hurt you anymore, Kim Seokjin. You have to understand.

You have to.

***

SEOKJIN'S POV

A few days later—

          "Hey hyung. Bang PD-nim wants me to tell you that we're going to one of our company's shareholder's wedding at the end of this month. We're invited to sing at their wedding, are you okay with that?" Namjoon patted my shoulder and sat beside me in the studio. Namjoon realised that I wasn't listening and shook my shoulder lightly. "Hyung, are you alright?"

"Yeah? I'm fine."

"You know actions speak louder than words. You don't look fine at all."

I only hummed and nodded my head, totally not focusing on the conversation. I stared into the blank wall... it felt like I was empty. I didn't  know how I should feel after the heated argument with Areum.

I feel like we could do better. We could have had a better future together. How I wish I had treated her better.

"Can't you just tell me what happened?"

"It's not like you'll believe me. All of you said that I was crazy."

Namjoon stared at me in concern and rubbed his temples. "Hyung, I'm sorry to say this but.. When you woke up from your coma, you haven't act like your normal self at all. We're worried about you." he sighed. "You changed.. hyung. You really did change."