Chapter 3: First Day of Work

"Thanks for having me here, Jin." I smiled. "I got to go now."

He led me to the door after washing the dishes. "My pleasure. You can come here anytime you want,"

"Really?" I chuckled. "Then I'll be here more often so I won't feel lonely."

"Sure!" he beamed. "Can we exchange numbers?"

"I don't have a phone." I sighed. "I'm sorry but I'll buy one if I have the money,"

He nodded. "There's nothing to be sorry about, Areum." he smiled. "See you soon, then?"

"See you soon," I bid as I smiled.

I walked down from his apartment and hailed a cab. I remembered my house's address so it's easy for me to go home. Thank god I didn't forget my address.

When I arrived, I went to my apartment and hastened my steps to the wardrobe. I took out the card from the uniform which had my workplace's address and placed it in my bag.

I also packed the uniform in my bag and went down the building again, and hailed another cab.

***

As I stepped in, the bell chimed. I could smell the aroma of fresh coffee and feel the lively atmosphere.

"Hello there, miss!" A man around my age greeted me, who I think is the cashier here. "May I help you?"

"Hi there," I smiled. "Actually, I'm an employee here and I want to know what do I do?"

"Really? But I've never seen you before. Are you sure you work here?" he asked with a questioning face.

"I'm certainly sure." I said, taking out my uniform out of my bag. "See?" I added as I pointed at my name on the uniform.

"Ohh.." he replied, making a face which I didn't know what it stood for. "Let me search for your name in the worker list."

He walked to the "Staffs Only" door and came back with a book in his hands. He placed the book on the counter and flipped through the pages one by one.

"Chae Areum is your name, right?" he asked once again. I nodded in response and he continued to search.

"Ah, found it!" he cheered. "It's odd, how have I never seen you before?"

I shrugged my shoulders and gave an awkward smile.

"It appears that you never came for work either." he raised his eyebrows. I gulped down my throat. Was he going to report me next?

"But it's okay. I'll give you another chance." he grinned.

I sighed in relief and I shook his hand. "Thank you."

"I'm Jimin." he smiled. "Park Jimin."

He has a very cute face, and has red hair. His cheeks are very chubby and his eye smile are very attractive, now that I've seen it.

"You can work as a waitress, is that alright?" he asked. "And your salary is 10,000 won per hour." I only nodded in response.

He ordered me to change into my uniform inside the toilet. After I was done, I went out and Jimin helped me to get familiar with this place.

"I think this is enough of explaining, you can start your work now," he smiled. "Just take their orders and give them to me."

"Okay!" I replied cheerfully. He gave me a 'Fighting' cheer and at the same time, a guy came into the café.

"Good evening sir, how can I help you?" I said in my best, bright tone.

The man was wearing a pair of sunglasses and was searching through the menu. He is tall, and he was wearing a brown coat and black jeans. Although the clothes he wore were loose, I'm sure that he has a built body.

He took off his sunglasses and looked at me. Wow, he's so handsome!

"I would like a slice of American Pie and cappuccino." he said in a flat tone.

"Is that all?" I smiled sweetly.

"Yes." he replied with a serious expression.

Absolutely not a good start at my first day of work.

I wrote down his orders in my small notebook and bowed as I walked to the cashier.

"Here, Jimin." I said, ripping the page and gave it to him. "He's so passive." I ranted.

"Who?" he asked. I pointed at the guy earlier.

"Oh, you mean Park Seojun." he said while shaking his head. "He's a regular customer here and he's always like that."

"Oh really?" I asked.

"Yeah, so don't mind him." Jimin smiled. "Okay?"

"Okay." I nodded and Jimin started to make the orders.

After the orders were done, I took them and place them on the guy's table. "Here you go. Enjoy your meal!" I fake-grinned.

He didn't reply and started to eat. I just ignored it as I blew my bangs and walked back to the cashier.

I heard another chime, meaning that another customer had came. It's a guy again.

"Seriously, Jimin? Are there no girls here?" I joked. Jimin laughed and immediately asked me to take the customer's order.

"Good evening!" I beamed. "May I take your order?"

"Hello, good evening to you too!" he grinned. He have very deep dimples, making him look so cute. And he's definitely friendly.

"Well?" I asked again.

"Oh yeah," he said. "I want a cup of hot choco and a toasted sandwich jam, but I don't want any jams."

"You mean, you only want toasted sandwich?"

"No, toasted sandwich jam with no jams." he said again.

Weird, it's the same then! But I wrote down his orders anyway and walked to the cashier again.

"Jimin," I said. "A hot choco and a toasted sandwich--"

"A toasted sandwich jam with no jams," he narrowed his eyes. "I knew it. That damn Namjoon."

"Who?" I laughed.

"Namjoon!" he whined, ears turning red. He's so cute when he does that.

"He's also a regular customer here but about that jam issue.. you don't need to know." he sighed, rubbing his temples.

I laughed. "You should go make the order, Jimin."

The bell chimed. "Oh look, another customer!" I said while looking at the entrance. "...Jin?"