Chapter 28: Love Me Back

AT THE CAFE

          "Seojun," I called out to him and he looked at me as he sipped on his coffee. "What were we like before?"

Seojun chuckled to himself and he placed his palm on top of my hand. "We were everything, Areum."

"What do you mean?" I replied, curious. Did we really?

"We loved each other so much. We had everything; I felt complete with your love and all that you were. And you felt the same too. We did and accomplished everything together and I always brought you to eat at your favourite place whenever you felt down, at the seafood restaurant." he smiled sadly, looking down. "We just.. had everything. I still really hate myself for arguing with you, if only I didn't. We would still be perfect." he scolded himself in hatred.

The seafood restaurant.
Didn't he bring me there.. in my dream?

"I-I.."

"I'm trying so hard, Areum."

"Huh?"

"I'm trying so hard, to make you love me back." he let out an emotionless laugh. "Do you really not remember how much you loved me? It was crazy how we were so, so, drunk in love."

I shook my head slowly and looked at him in sympathy. "I really don't, I'm sorry.. Seojun."

"Before, you promised me one thing." he looked up to me.

"I did?" I questioned. "What.. is it?"

"You promised me that you would love me forever. You promised me that on the night of our second anniversary by the Han River. It was such a beautiful starry night and you even picked out a star for me."

"I know you still don't understand everything but Areum, I'm desperate." he grasped my hand in his.

"..Please love me back."

***

AT WORK

"I'm sorry for dragging you along, Seojun. But I'm really worried because it's my first day after months."

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and we made our way into the building. "It's okay. I'm here, baby."

Baby. My heart skipped a beat when that word slipped off his tongue. Ah really.. what was this feeling? Was I starting to love him, again?

We took the elevator to the 4th floor of the building and we were greeted with beautifully painted walls. We made the entrance into the stylist room and everyone turned their heads to us.

"Oh my god, it's Areum noona!"

"Unnie!" 

They all came rushing to me and gathered around for a group hug along with Seojun. "Hello, everyone." I bashfully muttered.

"What do you mean, hello?" the guy earlier said. "You always greet people like this," he cleared his throat. "Wazzup bitches!" he imitated the old me.

"She did?" Seojun widened his eyes. "I didn't know she was that badass." Seojun laughed and I just pouted, with his arm still slung around my shoulder.