Chapter 8: Confess

And the coffee spilled on his coat.

"Hey!" he yelled, standing up from his chair.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" I apologized to him, obviously panicking. I quickly grabbed a dry cloth and scattered back to his table.

I tried to wipe off the coffee on his coat, but he slapped my hand away. "I can do it myself." he said coldly.

"..I'm sorry." I muttered, but he didn't seem to care.

After he'd wiped the coffee off his coat, which apparently left a brown stain, he immediately went to the door and left the café.

I shut my eyes close and mentally slapped myself. I was so stupid, his foot was just there but I dumbly stepped on it?!

Minah rushed over to me and pulled me to the cashier area. "Are you okay?"

I heaved a sigh. "Yes."

"You don't seem like it," Jimin added. "It's okay, Park Seojun is that typical handsome and cold type of guy. He'll be okay soon, he'll come back here."

"No, I'm not worried about losing our customers.." I sighed. "It's just that.. I'm his neighbor."

Both of them had their jaws dropped. "What?!" they stated in unison.

"I know!" I replied, slightly pulling my hair in frustration. "I can't quarrel with my own neighbor! What if one day I'm in need of serious help and he's not there to help me?!"

"You know that he's not your only neighbor." Jimin glared.

"I know, but he's my closest neighbor and I live in the corner. If I shout for help, no one's going to hear me except for him and since he hates me now, he'll ignore me and will just let me suffer by myself!" I panicked.

Both of them glared at me. "Then apologize!" Minah exclaimed.

"I already did!" I talked back.

"Apologizing in words won't do. You need to give him something." Minah added.

"Something like.. what?!" I asked sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

Minah walked to the counter where all the cakes were placed. "Like, giving him a slice of cake?" she pointed at the cakes.

"Hm, that makes sense." I nodded in agreement, taking out a slice of vanilla cake and placed it inside of a small cake box.

"And?" Minah said, crossing her arms as she watched me packing the cake.

"And what?"

"What do you have to say to me after helping you?"

I grinned. "Thank you, Minah. You're the best!"

***

"What do you want?" Seojun glared at me while I was standing in front of his door.

"I want to give you this cake. I want to apologize for what had happened this afternoon."

He took the box from my hands. "Apology accepted. Now you can go home and leave me alone."

I nodded slightly and walked away from his door sadly.

"But wait." he called, making me freeze in my spot.