Chapter 9: Be Here For Me

Hand in hand, both Jin and I were walking along the streets. It was 9 in the evening and we decided to take a walk since we felt stuffy after spending the whole day at his apartment.

Like usual, nobody was talking. We were just appreciating each other's company. I looked to my side to see him looking up into the sky, I didn't know what he was thinking based on his blank expression.

I was kicking small rocks as we walked quietly, when he suddenly asked me this out of the blue;

"Why do you like me?"

I pinched his cheeks and smiled. "I like you because you are you,"

He chuckled. "Meaning?"

"I like you for who you are, Kim Seok Jin. I like you because of your awkward personality, the food you make, your cute laugh, your voice, your hair, your everything.."

"I like you no matter what you do. Your flaws make you look special to my eyes. How many times should I tell you that?" I finished. "Look, although I've only known you for a just a week, I just.. like you, okay?"

I didn't know how those words could come right out of my mouth.

"You.." he looked at me and stopped in tracks.

"Do you think this is too fast?"

I laughed when I heard him say that. "Why would I?"

"Well, you know.." he bit his lip. "It seemed like I forced you to be in a relationship with me, if I made you feel like so, then you can just break up with me right now before I like you even more." he stated, looking obviously sad.

"What are you talking about, Jin?" I laughed again. I laced my fingers with his and continued walking. "I really, sincerely, do like you. You, are the first person I know when I first woke up---"

"When you first woke up?" he looked at me in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"I..mean.. when I first wake up from my headache..no, I mean, I don't have any friends..and.."

I just couldn't seem to find the right answer. Why did I let that stupid sentence slip out of my mouth?

"You don't have to explain," he smiled. "I understand."

"You.. do?"

"Yeah, I do." he answered. "I know the feeling of being alone, the feeling of having no friends at all. I understand all of that so.. you don't need to explain."

"And if you're not ready to open up to me yet, I understand that too." he smiled, looking down. "The thing is right now, I got you by my side. So let's just mind about what's ahead of us from now on."

The conversation died and without realising, we arrived at the park where we first met.

"Do you remember?" he said as he faced me.

"Of course I do. It was only a week ago, not a decade!" I laughed. "You think I'm that forgetful?"

"Yeah, I think you're that forgetful." he smirked.