Chapter 18: He's Back

I woke up in my bed, all snuggled in my blanket. I looked around to realise that I was in my bedroom and that Seojun must have tucked me in because I fell asleep on his lap last night. Still in a daze, I laid back down and slept a little more, heaving a sigh.

After some time, I got up and freshened myself for the day. When I walked out of my bedroom, I thought about Jin. Kim Seok Jin..

He always made me love him more, but he also made me hate him more
too. He's such a guilty pleasure.

I walked into my kitchen and grabbed two eggs from the fridge to make some omelettes for breakfast. I heated up the pan and started frying them. Whilst doing that, I heard my doorbell ring. I rushed to my front door and opened it,

to see Jin.

I was brought speechless when he suddenly pulled me into a hug, a longing one. He hugged me so tight and nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck, inhaling my scent.

He finally let go and he looked at me, smiling weakly. "I miss you, Chae Areum."

I looked down onto the floor and bit my lip. Last night he was being so cold—and so sensitive. He wouldn't even catch up after me when I left his building and at that time I was pretty sure all he wanted was for me to leave.

"Oh, what happened to you?" I questioned in a flat tone and crossed my arms while I leaned onto the doorframe.

"Look, I'm sorry. I know that I overreacted and.. I was jealous. I couldn't help it but to be mad at you because you cared for another guy more than you care for me." he sighed, "I was possessive and I'm really sorry. I couldn't sleep last night thinking how hurt you were by my words."

He took my hands just like the way I did last night, and brought my right hand to his lips and kissed my knuckles. "..Forgive me?" he looked up into my eyes sweetly.

My heart thumped quickly. He's jealous. He admitted that he was. Without knowing when, a smile crept up to my face.

I jumped to him and hugged him tightly, while giving light punches on his chest. I hate you, I hate you, I hate that you always made me feel like this.

We were laughing and he patted my head when I suddenly smelt like something was burning—— my omelettes!

I ran inside as fast as lightning and saw that my breakfast was burnt and dry. I whined and turned off the stove, putting them into the trash. As I washed the pan in the sink while I cursed to myself, Jin hugged me from behind and chuckled.

"Aish, why are you cursing the first thing in the morning? It'll bring bad luck." said him.

He swayed our bodies slowly left to right as I continued washing the pan. I was trying so hard to concentrate on doing what I was supposed to be doing, but to no avail I found myself turning my body towards him and gave a peck on his nose.

"You're disturbing me. Go sit somewhere else."

"I'll help you with your breakfast. It's my fault anyway, right?" he asked playfully, smirking at me. He ruffled my hair and walked to the fridge, grabbing another two eggs and made them for me as I observed him while I sat on the counter.

"Have you ever thought of being a chef?" I questioned out of the blue.

"Once." he laughed. "Aish, I was immature,"