His Death.

THAT DAY — 7 YEARS AGO

"Seojun?" I entered the bedroom and saw him lying down on the bed. "Hey.. are you getting better? Did your cough go away?"

I sat near the bed and saw him sweat like crazy. His face was pale, and he couldn't open his eyes.

"I think we should go to the hospital." I told him. "You don't look good."

"N-no, I'm alright." he forced a smile, having a hard time opening his eyes.

Suddenly, he had trouble breathing. He couldn't breathe properly and his chest heaved up and down in a quick pace. He had difficulty with breathing and I was terrified for dear life. His face looked painful— I didn't want to remember that.

"S-Seojun!" I yelled. I shook his arms and panicked, I was scared to death.

"Jaehyun!" I screamed. "Jaehyun!"

I saw Jaehyun running into our room and his eyes widened. "Noona, quick! Send him to the hospital! Call the ambulance!"

***

At this point I was crying and bawling my eyes out. I was sitting outside the emergency room with Jaehyun beside me. My eyes were red from crying; I couldn't process what exactly happened. Was this for real? Was I dreaming again? I couldn't afford to suffer another heartbreak. I already started to love him.. but why did this happen?

I sat there, covering my face with both my palms and Jaehyun comforted me, patting my back softly. A few seconds later, the doctor came out with a few of his assistants, looking to the ground.

I immediately stood up and rushed to the doctor. "Is he okay now? He's fine, right?"

"..We're sorry." the doctor stated.

It felt like my heart crashed to the ground. It fucking hurt.

"W-what do you mean?" I stuttered. "Why are you sorry when he's fine?"

"We're sorry, Miss." he repeated again.

"N-no.. no. I think you got this all wrong. He's p-perfectly fine before."

"We couldn't help it at all. He was already.. suffering."

"No.." I sobbed. "No! You got the wrong person! My Seojun isn't dead yet!"

"Noona, calm down," Jaehyun held me back, and I saw his eyes getting teary too.

"No, Jae..." I sobbed, collapsing to the ground. "He's not dead.."

"We're sorry, Miss. Condolences to your family." The doctor walked away after bowing to us.

Jaehyun also knelt on the ground, hugging me tight. "Noona.." he sobbed.

"Jaehyun, I c-can't believe..." I couldn't even continue what I wanted to say; it was overwhelming. It was all too much, I wanted it to stop. I wanted the world to stop.

Jaehyun helped me to stand up and we entered the room where Seojun was in.

I was shaking uncontrollably when I saw him on his deathbed. This was too surreal.

"S-seojun.." I lifted the cover from his face and when I saw his pale and lifeless face, I lost it.

"S-Seojun! Seojun, you're joking again right?! Stop it, this isn't funny." I shook his body hard but he gave me no response. "Seojun-ah... Stop it," I shuddered.

Jaehyun was crying beside me, too. I looked at him and he was covering his face. He was sobbing too, that his shoulders were shaking.