Chapter 20: Chicken Pizza

time check; 10:00am

When I woke up, I found myself lying down on the mattress all snuggled up in my blanket. My head felt so light and the bitter taste of the soju was still lingering in my mouth, making me feel like puking.

I blinked my eyes a few times to adjust my blurry vision, and there I saw Jin coming into my room, carrying a tray with a bowl.

"Morning my beautiful princess." he smiled down cutely. His bangs were down, he was wearing a loose pink shirt and black skinny jeans. "You woke up so early today!" he joked. I rolled my eyes at him and scoffed.

He sat on the edge of the bed and put the tray on my bedside table, his beautiful face never leaving my gaze.

"I made you some soup, you should feel much better after this. Eat up." he ordered, placing a quick kiss on my forehead and in a blink of an eye, he already left the room.

Sometimes I do wonder,
what did I do in my past life to deserve this man?

I chuckled to myself, thinking that-

I really don't deserve all of this.

I quietly enjoyed the soup, the warmness quickly spread all over my body to the end of my toe, making a sigh escaping my lips when the soup hit my throat.

When I finished, I stood up and put the bowl back onto the tray, taking it to the kitchen outside. There, I saw Jin busy cooking for god knows what.

"Hey," I patted his shoulder and put the tray into the sink.

"Hey babe." he smiled and continued his work. "How are you feeling?"

I shot a bright grin, "Better!" I took the sponge and soap, and started to wash the dishes.

"Thanks to my lovely boyfriend right here." I stole a kiss from him and quickly ran away, into the bathroom and locked the door. He was left stunned with a shy smile creeping on his face.

I looked at myself in front of the mirror and god- I look terrible. My hair was out of place, my dark circles and my eyebags;wow, just plain ol' ugly Areum.

Where did my self esteem go again? Did somebody steal it away?

I brushed my teeth and washed my face, then I jumped into the bath and enjoyed the relaxing warm water. Ah, I really hate hangovers. My head was spinning like crazy, but thanks to the soup I ate earlier I felt a whole lot better.

When I was done, I was dressed in the laziest outfit of mine; black tank top and pink short shorts. Tying my hair into a messy bun and leaving my face bare without putting any skincare, I just couldn't get any lazier.

time check;12:30pm

When I went out of my room, I saw Jin heading for the door taking his phone and wallet with him.

"Where are you going?" I asked, right before he was about to shut the door.

He turned his head, still holding the doorknob. "I'm going to Seven Eleven to buy some snacks for us later. Do you need anything else?"

I smirked.

"I need.. nothing else but you."