40. Broken Until Him (LB)

Title - Broken Until Him

Author- jxstmysxlf

Genre- Love Ballad

Reviewed by - 

The cover is beautiful and eye catchy. Though I would suggest to edit the blurb which seems to muddle the concept of the story and might detach a few potential readers.

Prologue is really strong and hooks the readers in. The statement- "My life is destroyed but I'm fine", really makes a shiver run down the spine. We are intrigued as to what might have happened. It is a good idea to inculcate the concept of writing diary which has therapeutic effect. We are left thinking what might have happened that the protagonist needs therapy.

I would add here for the author to not to use colons while using internal monologues.

In chapter 1, Instead of just jumping into the present times. You can say- "But still, here I am in this new life, new city, new school". I am impressed with quality of writing that author has used to portray the most neglected and repetitive sequences of school. A very neglected but persistent cliche is busted here as a different and refreshing perspective is found from the other stories which have those first day in school chapters.

Here, though the plot remains the same . But nonetheless, our protagonist manages to find some beauty in several little but significant actions.

The character development is well written, though I am hoping fingers crossed that it won't turn out to be good boy/ bad boy kind of love story. I really find it to be an admirable story. 

A light- hearted story which can be read by everyone.