36. Sliver Of Darkness (TS)

Title: Sliver Of Darkness

Author: @NeverTrustAnAuthor

Genre: The Supernatural

Reviewer: @HerSpectre

Cover: Well, I'm not very much impressed with it. The textual part could've been better. The picture is beautiful, but I don't think it goes with the theme of the book.

Summary: The summary tells us about whom the story is, not about what the story is. Though it looks unique, I feel like it was telling, not showing. Well, the idea of an extended summary is good. I like that summary too. And the summary makes me think about cliché fantasy paranormal books where fallen Archangel, Girls and such stuff are always there.

Story: I really like the plot and the writing style. Though it looked like a cliché, it feels different as one actually starts reading the book.

The book is a joy to read till Chapter 3. But when it reached Chapter 4, I found a lot of unnecessary blabbering. The character thinks a lot. That's okay but there was no need to put extra stuff. It felt as if you're trying to lengthen the chapter by putting in a few junks. You must cut short all those lines and some extra long sentences here and there.Do not address the readers directly.

You've a humorous style of writing. This one is quite unique in a fantasy paranormal book. You have made reading many serious stuff easy by using that kind of style.

You do have some grammatical mistakes. They can be corrected if you carefully go through the chapters once. Though the language is simple and trimmed, I felt it could be a bit more beautified by using some different kind of words.

The characters are fine and are as they should be, with their own mental and physical struggles. I especially liked Hades' POV. And also Athena's mental struggles.

When it comes to the fantasy paranormal genre, people tend to follow a norm. Your book is no exception initially with the Archangel falling, missions of a girl and such stuff. But as one delves deeper into the concept and tries to understand the characters, your book becomes mesmerizing. I hope you carry on the freshness till the end.

Your book has a good potential. And if executed with beauty, it'll do great. You've already won an award, which shows that the book isn't a bluff. And it really isn't despite the little shortcomings. But what's a book without faults? The presentation shows how well you've executed things in a planned manner.

Rating: 8/10. You sure have a book worth reading. I'm sure everyone will enjoy the read. Just add beauty in the writing. That's enough for now.

Happy Writing!

Reflections - Review Requestsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें