"Okay so aybe it is time for dress up" she said

Several bullets fired by us and Venus began to run with me. Apperantly the vines were ones to heal and were mending her wound allowing her to run so we could escape. The rain continued to pour as Venus clutched onto my arm, at the same time trying to get the plants to conceal us. No matter where we tried to hide, the drones automatically knew where we were. As we ran, we looked back and Venus suddenly screamed as we stopped suddenly. We were on the cliff again, the river raging below us, thrashing about giving nothing down there hope to survive. We could hear the drones coming faster and closer and I looked around. There was a raft mostlikely made by a player who was killed. We rushed over to it and Venus unwillingly helped me get it into the deep wild river that we were terrified of. I hopped on and Venus cautiously steped on as she had plants arefully push us in. We were immediately swept up by the current. Vines wrapped our waist to hold us down to the raft so we wouldn't fall off. I looked behind us and gave a sigh of relief when I saw the drones stop and turn around.

"Sh-shawn!" Venus yelled tugging at my arm

I looked at her than in front of us to realize what she was frightend about. A stray bullet from one of the drones when they had been firing at us hit the border and just fell. But not only where we heading towards the border of the arena, there was a waterfall awaiting just before it. Venus clutched on to me and she screamed as we went down.. This was it wasn't it? But the unexplainable happened. The force field opened and right after the raft fell to he bottom of the water fall it bounced several times. Our eyes had been squeezed shut but when we opened them we were shivering and shocked. We were no longer in the forest biom of the arena, we were in the frozen biome from last years games. We floated down until we suddenly came to a stop due to the now frozen river. We both tumbled onto the ice and Venus just slid around, body laid flat back side up.

"What are you doing?" I asked as she slid around, looking like she was swimming on the ice

"The ice is thin, if you don't even out your weight you'll make the ice crack" she said as she got to the frozen river bank and stood up in the snow, shivering

"You know this how?" I asked following her example

"I read a lot" she said with a shudder

Once I got to her I wrapped my arms around her, and rushed as much heat to her as possible. She stopped shivering and it stayed silent as we stod there in silence, our misty breaths becoming visible in the cold air.

"We should probably make shelter before the sunsets" Venus whispered

I nodded and we walked deeper into the woods, keeping her close to my body for warmth. We found a small clearing and Venus (Cause apperantly she knows what shes doing) started digging into the snow, making a big circle and exposing the wet, dirt grass mixture underneath.

"Help me make ice blocks" she said, motioning me to follow her example in packing the snow tightly together

But, I was so cold that my body began to produce immediate warmth causing me to melt the snow I picked up. I rolled my eyes and Venus laughed for the first time since I fell from the hammock which made me smile. Her laugh was beautiful like music to my ears.

"Here I'll make the blocks you can melt some of the snow to find some wood to start a fire" she said building up another block

"Got it" I said getting up and getting to work

I had gone a little deep into the woods but kept track of where I was because of the melted snow on the ground. As I was coming back, arm full of wood, there was a dinging sound. Down came floating a care package and once it landed I raised an eyebrow. Why were we still reciving the care packages from sponsors if the games were over and they want to kill us? I set down the wood and cautiously stepped to the box, crouching down once in front of it. I opened it up and picked up the note inside.

*Where very sorry about Harriet, shes gone mad. Weve sent some basic supplies and clothes. Hopefully this can all be over and she will come to her senses. May the odds be with you*

I put the note aside and opened up the rest of the chest. Insisde were warm winter coats and what we needed to hunt with and other basic things. I smiled and put the wood in the chest and dragged it along with me. I suddenly heard a scream!

"Venus!"

***

Venus:

I remembered the world goig dark, and feeling myself drift off. You know how there the light at the end of the tunnel and people tell you not to go down it? Well I didn't care so I went down the tunnel anyways! But just as I was midway on my way, I was dragged back into reality, feeling warm lips on mine. I immediately knew it was Shawn. But now, I wasn't at home like we hoped, we were in the middle of a frozen biome because apperantly the border didtn want to kill us. Shawn kept melting the snow which I found pretty funny, so I sent him off to do his specialty, making fire. I dismissed the fact that I was freezing and continued my work until I noticed my fingers turning blue. I heard a rustle behind me and I froze *funny*. I felt someones hands reach around me and I screamed. I twirled around to see the person I less expected to see ever again.