Chapter 44.

James' POV

I drive home thinking about what Riley said and something isn't right about it. She was so sad, hurt it wasn't like her unless that's her but she puts a shield up. I have this gut feeling not to leave her, I can't everyone else in her life does and I can't. I love her too much..

----

I knock on her door and no one answers for a good 5 minutes, I turn the handle and it's open.
I take a look around and the house feels so eerie and empty.

"Riley, please can we talk about this.." I say looking around closing the door behind me, no answer. I walk up stairs and she's not in her room either. My heart starts to race, something's up.

"Riley, Riley where are you this isn't a game anymore!" I shout frantically running round her house until i see her hand peek out from behind the door. My head beat starts to pick up, I feel a lump in the back of my neck. I take a deep breathe before slowly walking towards the door..

I open it slowly and she's there on the floor, I drop to the floor tears pouring out my eyes for probably the first time. I put her in the recovery position and call an ambulance.

"Hi this is the emergenc-" the women starts to say but I cut her off.
"Ambulance please, please hurry!" I say frantically down the phone.
"Is everything ok sir? What's happened?" A new voice says
"My girlfriend.. she's on the floor. I think she tried to kill herself..." I say slowly realising what I just said..
"Ok can I have your address and we will send someone right over" she says in a really calming tone.
"Eh 25 balconies street.. please hurry the doors open they can just walk in" I say holding back the tears..

---

I sit with Riley for a while, stroking her hair before calling her parents. I pick up her phone and dial there number.

"Riley what is is? You know you can't call us when we're away! This better be important!" She shouts down the phone, I never knew how mean her parents were to her. She never told me, she never told me anything..

"Eh this is James, something happened to Riley and I think this is pretty damn important     So you better get the next flight or whatever home!" I say super fast down the phone in an angry tone.

"Wait what do you mean something's happened to Riley?" I can almost hear her heart race going faster and faster. It's like I knows she's tearing up.

"She told me to leave and there was something odd so I came back and she was on the floor in her bathroom.. I think she might of tried to kill herself.." I say looking down at her, I hear faint ambulance sirens. I hear a gasp on the other end of the phone and faint crying.

"Of course, I'll be over straight away! Honey we need to go home rileys in hospital come on!" I hear her shout down the phone hanging up.

The paramedics take her away and I can't believe this.

---- 

I'm in the waiting room, I've called Michele and everyone. I have my coffee and go to her room looking through the window. I see her lying there peacefully.

You didn't say goodbye now I'm standing here frozen. I'm wondering why you left me here behind. You said you would grow old with me. You've got your peace now but what about me, I though we had the time of our lives but now you can't even get older. One last word, one last moment, to ask you why you left me here behind. You said you'd grow old with me..

I feel a hand on my shoulder,  I wipe my tear and turn around and see Michelle. She has mascara all down her face. She looks at me and bursts out crying.

"James! What did we do wrong? I thought she was happy?" She says bursting into tears, I hug her tightly, a few tears of my own slip down my cheek.

"I don't know but she was really unhappy when she got back from her dads.." I say, suddenly a thought comes to mind. He did this to her, it was him. She was happy before he came into her life!

"Pardon? Did you just say dads?" I nod
"He did this to her, he made her so unhappy!" I sat through gritted teeth.