Chapter 39.

Riley's PoV

I was hand in hand with James following my so called new group of friends. I mean Stephanie and Gisselle are chill so it's alright. We walk right passed Michelle, Thalia, Luke and leila who has permanently taken my spot apparently. Michelle stares at the ground like she's scared that I'll do something to her, I take a deep breathe before doing something I know I'd regret. I pull James over to them and he gives me a strange look.

"Michelle, I never wanted things to be like this, you were my sister and somehow you though I'd do something so horrible. Yes, I said somethings that weren't needed and I'm sorry for that but I'm not carrying this on we're either friends or not tell me now" I say calm and collected, I'm done with everyone's shit. I'm not dealing with petty little dramas on my last year.

"Sorry Riley I don't think we can be friends, i though you were there for me and you exposed some pretty deep stuff I'm sorry too for every making eye contact with you and trying to be your friend, we're done" she says, I take a deep breathe, it kinda hurt more than I expected.

"Ok that's fine but just tell me one thing who told you I did it because you know that John is basically my brother and has been there when I've had literally no one. Why would you think I'd do that?" I ask, she stares at the ground then at leila of course she has something to do with it.

"Me actually because you did didn't you Riley" she says smiling like a preppy cheerleader. I know she's acting like this to get on my nerves but that's my last straw with her.

"Leila what have I done so much for you to hate me and take everything away from me, are you jealous?" I say aggressively, I feel James grab my hand protectively. The last time I had an argument I got into a major fight with actual hitting.

"Jealous really, you got everything handed to you on a silver plater and I have to work for every little thing" she says, I'm slightly confused cause all I've done is work hard everyday of my life to get a family.

"Really I get everything handed to me on a sliver platter do I now? Last time I checked I was the weird care kid that no one wanted. Don't ever say that to me that I just get everything because I've had to work for the one thing everyone gets but the very unlucky few bitch!" I shout at her , she takes a step closer so I do as well. Suddenly there are loads of people around.

"You wanna start on me Riley Raymond because I've got a lot on you!" She says, I stand my ground she's not going to be little me no way.

"Oh really because I'm not ashamed on how I've lived my life at all every decision got me to where I am now so go ahead I dare you to!" I shout in her face. James kinda pulls me back a little.

"Fine! Your dad isn't actually dead, he's now my stepdad who just doesn't want to know someone he's so ashamed of slut!" She shouts, wait her stepdad?

"You did not just go there you two faced, manipulative, self centred bitch!" I shout, I yank my hand away from James' and shove her back. I hear loads of ooo's. She just stares at me and leaps into me gripping me by the hair, I grab her hair and push her off me.

Me and leila at somehow in this heated fight and I feel a pair of muscular arms yank me away from her. "You bitch how dare you bring my family into this!" I shout as the arms carry me away down the hall. They turn me around and I'm staring into James' beautiful brown eyes before I burst out into tears. What if she is right?

He wraps his arms round me into a bear hug and I sob into his chest. He plays with my hair before he sits me down in the floor with him. I just lean into him regretting everything I just did. She deserved it though, surely he isn't alive is he?

We're sitting here in peace before the principle starts to speak through the speaker. "Can miss Riley Raymond please go to the principles office" he says, I sigh knowing she's going to make up some bullshit lie about how it's all my fault and I'm going it go along with it. I get up and James puts his hand in mine and walks me up. We just sit there before he tells me to go in, that's when I have to leave my James. Leila, a man and lady and the principle are sitting in there already. Clearly my 'mother' doesn't give a damn. I slump my self down in a seat and they all stare at me. I stare at them blankly with no emotion, I'm done I couldn't care less.

"Riley leila said you started a fight with her?" He asks calmer than I expected, I just nod my head keeping quiet.

"Ok so your admitting you did?" He asks and I just nod again.

"Ok well this is Leila's mother and her step father they'd like a little word with you..." He says pointing at them. I turn around and stare blankly until I realise that he said stepfather. Shit, is he my dad?

I run my temples, I'm so confused I can't do this right now. "I'm sorry I can't do this right now can I go home and talk about it tomorrow?" I ask standing up feeling awful to dizzy.

"No we can't Riley, sit down!" The principle says stricter than before so I do as he says. I want to burst into tears but I know I can't.

"Riley darling, we know girls argue but why did you feel he need to hit her is everything ok at home?" Leila's mother asks, why is asking about home it's none of her business. I'm so angry I'm about to explode and spill everything to them.

"No everything isn't ok at home, I've been living in care all Tim life then my so called 'mother' wants me back and then I get told my dad is dead but he isn't actually and I just want to go home, I want to be a normal teenager with normal drama I don't and this" I say bursting into tears, her step dad just stares at me blankly. 

"Please can I go home I can't handle this right now please" I cry some more but the principle shrugs his shoulders.
Her mother gives her step dad a stern look and he comes over to me.

"Riley is it possible if I could talk to you alone?" He asks and my head I thumping so much I just want to sleep.

"No you can't because your supposing my dad and I can't deal with this right now, myles didn't even know about this yet and I gonna her to tell him.." I go off rambling shaking back and forth. He places his hand of my shoulder and just stare at him. He does kinda look like me and myles a little.

"You knew that's a good start, I'm sorry Riley but when you were younger I needed a fresh start I changed my name and told your mum and social workers to say I was dead. I want to get to know you and myles if you'd let me?" He asks I just stare at him, I push the chair back, grab my bag and walk out. I grab James and weak out the school. I can't deal with this not now, I need time to take it in.

I think I'm going to need s little drinking sesh tonight...