Chapter 30.

A/n: so I realise I haven't update in a while but I'm gonna try my best to upload a chapter a day again love you all hope you like the chapter xoxo

Not proof read ❤️

~~~~~
2 weeks later
James' PoV

It's been 2 weeks since my dad got ill, apparently he caught cancer and didn't want to get treatment. Was his life that horrible that he didn't want to live any longer?

Me and riles have been going in every single day and he's not spoken much he only has a couple weeks left.. Says he doctors. Sometimes he speaks about world problems and how hard it'll be, he's not even going to be there so I don't understand why he talks about it all so much.

Riles is taking this worse than I thought, my dad doesn't even look at her  without giving her the dirtiest look you can give. I know they've had there differences in the past but she's here for him and he need to be great-full that she actually is. I mean he's lucky to even have me but today's the day I'm gonna ask him why he didn't take the treatment.

I head out the door, get in my truck and drive to Riley's house.

Riley's PoV

Im waiting on James picking me up and to be honest I don't even know why I go anymore. He doesn't want me there and neither does my family so why do I put myself thought this torture again and again.

"Hi darling where you off to on this beautiful day?" My mother asks me as she makes herself a cup of coffee. I gulp hard.. " em.. James and I are going to visit David make sure he's ok.." I reply, an awkward silence fills the room.

I hear a sigh..crap this isn't going to be good " ok baby doll but I told you i didn't like you going over there what he put you through.. Why are you doing this to yourself?" She asks me the question I've been asking myself for weeks on end now. I shrug and hear a car horn I presume is James'.

"I better be off that's James.. Love you bye!" I say speedily before running out the door.

James' PoV

I wait on the trunk of my car for Riley to get out of her house. I see her quickly run out her house the fastest I've ever seen. I slowly approach her and wrap my arms around her. "Hey princess, you ok?" I ask placing delicate kisses all over her. I feel her take a deep breathe "yeah, just parent stuff it doesn't matter really.." She says bitting her nails nervously. "You sure?" I ask making sure she's ok, she replies with a nod.

I lead her to the truck and get going to the hospital.

Riley's PoV

Why am I doing this to myself, I mean he doesn't love, care or know me so why do I love, care and know him. It's doesn't make any sense but neither does my life story to be honest. There is something about him not being here that terrifies me and I don't know why?

2 hours later

James' PoV

We've been sitting in the hospital room for about an hour and a half. Riley offered to get us coffee so I feel it's the perfect time to ask why?

"So dad.." I say trying to get his attention which comes to my surprise works. "Yes my boy..?" He ask, I take a deep breathe.. James you got this ok.
"Why didn't you take the treatment?" I say as fast as I would ripping off a band aid. I wait patiently for an answer and get something that takes me a little off guard.

"Well because I'm dying anyway.. It' a sign I've lived my life to the fullest of regrets and it's now your turn to make a change my boy.."