Chapter 32.

James' PoV

"Yo dude!" Luke says coming towards my truck to greet me. I chuckle at his excitement to see me. "Nothing much man wanna grab a bite?" I ask giving him a bro hug. I did eat at Riley's but only like a mouth full so I'm pretty hungry. "Sure dude!" He says as we do our secret bro hand shake. " hope in"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We drive to 2363 Yonge St. To this quirky little diner in Toronto. I've never been here myself but Luke says it's the best in Toronto then I guess it's the best in Toronto. We walk in and it's pretty dead but I mean don't mock it till you try it right?

"Lukey is that you I haven't seen you in ages come lets get you a table!" This reasonably old lady says grabbing Luke's arm and I'm kinda weirded out. She drags us to a little table in the corner and passes us her menus.
"You dude how'd she know who you are ... Is she some sort of mind reader?!?" I say but he just laughs his head off at my accusations. "Nah man I used to come here ever Saturday when I was younger cause my mum and dad would be working late so she was my 'babysitter'" he says carefully taking the time to put the air quotation for babysitter.

"Aww right man that's chill then" I say opening up the tiny menu in front of me. "Have you two lovelies decided yet?" She asks, I look at Luke and he nods signalling he's ready to order. "Yeah I'll have a beef burger, fries and a chocolate shake please" I say asking for the basic American dinner food but what can I say it tastes so good!
" I'll just have the same Margaret" he says handing her both our menus.

So how's the bet going with Riley man is she falling for you?" Shit! He had to bring it up. I've been trying to forget about it but he keeps casting it back up. "Well yeah man who wouldn't but I think I'm falling for her too man.. I'm screwed!" I say placing my head in my hands. He chuckles while shaking his head "nah dude just go with it till prom then tell her and you'll be happily ever after yeah?" He tells me but it's sounds more of a question that a demand. "I don't know I've been wanting to tell her so bad lately" I say scratching the back of my neck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riley's PoV

As soon as James car left the drive I go back into the kitchen and take my seat. I look over at my mum who is giving me a disappointed look. "I still can't believe you brought him here, seriously Riley do you not have any respect for me!" She sighs, I just sit there silent not making a noise. "Riley answer your mother!" Her fiancé shouts at me, I'm a bit taken back he's never actually shouted at me before so what gives him the right to now. "Sorry I was just a bit shaken after the hospital and wanted him here with me, I didn't intend for you to be hurt by it" I say looking down at my food.

"That is most defiantly not the point Riley Raymond how dare you come back and live with us then spend time with them!" My mother screams at me, I'm 'definitely not' taking this. "What you scared I love that family more, Maybe I do because maybe they love me more than you ever will!" I shout back at them getting out of my seat to stand up. "How dare you say that to us, do you have no repeat for yourself get out find some place else to stay tonight!" Gary (her fiancé) shouts at me pointing to the door.

I run upstairs and grab random crap and throw it into one of the many bags I own. I grab my car keys and walk down stairs. "Happily!" I say before walking out the house and slamming the door shut. I get in my car and search for James' contact. I press him number and call him.

Ring.. ring.. Ring.. Ring.. Ring..

No answer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James' PoV

I'm just chilling eating my food when I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I look at it and see Riley calling but for some reason I ignore it, I'm just enjoying some quality time with my bro is that so bad.

Riley's PoV

I drive along the roads of Toronto trying to figure out what to do before I ring James up again. Suddenly I come across this really cute, quirky little diner on Yonge St. Maybe I can get a coffee and wait there. I walk in and the door rings once I've opened it to signal another customer.

James' PoV

Ring!!!!

Me and Luke's head shot towards the door and there she is Riley. "What's she doing here?" Luke whisper yells. " I don't know but she can see me that's for sure" I whisper back. If Riley finds out I left hers to be with Luke then I don't know what she'll do. I see Margaret walking her this was and Riley stares at me. "James?" 

Riley's PoV

This really sweet old lady walks over to me. "Hi table for one?" She asks and I nod politely. She walks me up to this little corner where two other men are sitting. No one else is in here but them so maybe this place isn't popular but I like is quirkiness and imperfections it's makes it the diner unique and special.

I take a quick glance at the boys and I see James? What is he doing here?
"James?" I ask and he just stares at me blankly giving me his famous smirk. "Hey riles" he says. "What are you doing here babe?" I ask, I though he was going home to see his mother.

"Well my mum didn't actually call me it was Luke I just felt uncomfortable so I decided it was best for everyone if I left.." He says not ask confidently as he usually is. He nervous and it's kinda cute, I'm not mad, I'm surprised he left that's all. "Ok that's fine, I mean my mum was a bit harsh" I say looking at my fingers. "How come your here anyway baby?" James asks, I don't want to sound pathetic but I'm gonna be honest with him.

"After you left my mum was a bit annoyed I brought you over and I said some stuff to her and she shouted at me, then her so called ass of a fiancé decided to swoop in and save the day. Well guess what reality check no one fucking likes you. Then he told me to leave and find another place to stay" I say shrugging my shoulders, he smiles apologetically at me. "I did call you but you must of not got it.."

James' PoV

"I did call you but you must of not got it .." She says looking down at her hands shrugging her shoulders. Now I feel bad that I didn't answer. "Yeah sorry babe my phones on silent, you can stay at mine if you want?" I says wiggling my brows and she starts to laugh. God I love her laugh "your so cute James" she says to me and I smile proudly at her. "What can I say" I reply with my hands under my chin like a little girl.

We chat away and eat our food, Riley didn't want anything so she just got a coffee. We've got school tomorrow so we should probably leave in a little while. I wish we didn't have school, tomorrow it's the first day back from summer. I get to walk in with my riles and tonight I'm gonna tell Riley about the bet. "Baby we should probably get going we've got school.." I say to her, she smiles and nods.

"I'll take my car and you can drive Luke home yeah?" Riles says to me because Luke didn't bring his car and Riley did.
"Ok babe see you at mine" I say kissing her before going into my car with Luke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James' PoV still

Me and Luke are driving down the dark road. "Dude I'm gonna tell her tonight I can't keep it From her any longer" I say, keep my eyes on the road. "Ok hopefully it goes down well" he says shrugging his shoulders. We arrive at Luke's house and I say my good byes before getting in my truck to my house to meet with my princess.

Riley's PoV

I'm parked at James' house waiting on him coming back from Luke's house. I've been sitting her for about 5 minutes and finally I see his headlights shinning bright.