The Future

Taylor's P.O.V

"I gotta head to the studio again," I nervously approached Harry, as I knew his first thought would be of Tyler.

He turned to look at me, expressionless.

"Will that Tyler lad be there?" He asked, drying his hands on a tea towel. I shook my head, quick to reply.

"No, well, he might be there, but I won't see him today. I'm meeting with the team to discuss more ways to get my music out into the world. Tyler won't be there," I spoke quickly, and most likely unclearly.

"Call me if you want picking up, ok?"

"Yeah," I smiled behind me as I wandered towards the door, pulling my bag on my shoulder. He waved me goodbye, turning back to wash the dishes.

---

"Good morning Hannah," I waved at the new receptionist, who waved back happily, "how was your weekend?"

"It was lovely thanks Taylor, how was yours?" She offered me the box of donuts that was laid beside her, I dismissed them, attempting the be healthy.

"Great thank you, and no thanks."

"Ok, well enjoy your day!" She perched her glasses on her nose, and glanced back down to her computer.

I knocked on the meeting room door, and waited to be let in by Mr Trader

"Come on in Taylor," he opened the door, stressfully rushing back to his seat at the head of the table.

I didn't have time to glance around the room, as Mr Trader had already begun discussing the upcoming releases of my songs.

"Any thoughts on how we could project Taylor's music?" Me Trader stacked his papers neatly, looking across the room to the hand that was raised.

Tyler's hand.

"I'm pretty sure there's a band playing at the local theatre next week - we could try and get Taylor up as an opening act? I have friends who know the guys playing, I could get their managers number, inquire about it if you want?" He pulled the cap from his head, placing it on the table as he stared at me. He didn't smile, or in a way, acknowledge me...

I couldn't keep the eye contact, mainly because of the horrific bruising that painted his face.

"Great idea Tyler, you get in contact with them and ask them. Oh, and take Taylor with you to the phone booth out the front," Mr Trader was quick to dismiss us, although the look on my face was pleading for him to take it back.

"Come on then Taylor," before I could argue, Tyler was stood behind me with his hat back on his head. I mentally groaned.

---

"Just in here," I noticed a slightly emotionless look on Tyler's face, as if he'd snapped since the last time I'd seen him.

Maybe it was just the bruises hollowing out his face.

Tyler hadn't opened the door to the room for me, slightly unusual for him...

I stared at his face once more, not speaking. He looked down on me, returning the favor.

Then I backed into the room, foolishly keeping my eyes locked on him.

Tyler raised his arms, pushing me further into the room, harshly. I screamed in pain as I sliced my calf on a plastic box.

He slammed the door behind him, revealing the sign - 'cleaner's room.'

"Tyler?" I breathlessly scrambled to get away, as he dashed towards me, grabbing me by my wrist and dragging me back down to the floor. I screamed again.