Sound Wave

Taylor's P.O.V

Mr Trader's name appeared on my screen as I shoveled a spoonful of Shreddies into my mouth - I squealed and held myself together as I answered the call.

"Hello Mr Trader, how are you?"

"Ah, Taylor. I'm awfully stressed at the minute, I hope you're not feeling the same," he frantically spoke, "I'm calling to ask if you could come into the studio later and read through some plans to set up your album?"

"My, my album?"

"Oh! Wasn't it you I was talking to about your album earlier? No?"

"Erm," I awkwardly shifted around on my stool, "I'm afraid not sir. Although-"

"Right, well after checking my diary just now, I've realized that you're due for a recording session in," he paused, "twelve minutes. Do hurry down to the studio, I'll meet you there. Goodbye."

And as the call ended, the mayhem began.

Harry's P.O.V

"Shit!" Taylor yelled, I listened as she dashed through to our bedroom.

"What's up?" I stood in the door frame as she whipped a dress on, and swiped some, some concealer? Foundation? Oh, mascara on her eyelashes.

Then she proceeded to speed brush her teeth.

"I," lipstick break, "have got to," more lipstick, "rush to the studio to record!"

Her hair was still wet from her shower not long ago.

"Now? I thought we were grabbing some food from Morrisons?" I frowned as she dashed passed me again, stuffing some lipstick, her phone and hand sanitizer in her bag.

"Look, can we do it later? I just gotta call from Mr Trader and he says he's got the studio now for me. I love you kay?" She spat out the words before kissing me quickly.

Then she ran out the door.

Taylor's P.O.V

Car. Won't. Start.

"Shit shit SHIT," I yelled, stomping one of the pedals - it spluttered then roared.

---

"Mr Trader?" I breathlessly called out into the darkness - I was definitely in the correct studio, it was called 'Trader's' after all.

I turned on the lights, and patiently took a seat in the waiting room that on looked the sound box.

All that, for him to be late.

"Well hello there Taylor, how are you, sorry I'm late. How long have you been here?" He burst through the door all of a sudden, his briefcase sprawling across the conference table as he wiped his brow.

"Oh," I glanced at the clock: 10:20am, and I was supposed to be here at 10:00am, "oh, twenty minutes or so."

"Oh, I am sorry. Anyway, do you have your music, etcetera?"

"Uh, yes. But how will it be played?"

"You haven't brought your guitar?"

"Shoot, no! I'm so sorry," I was so angry at myself.

"No worries, we have guitars all over this place, I'll go and fetch you one," he seemed completely relaxed, as he stuck his head out of the door frame.

"MOIRA!" He yelled, I jumped slightly, "MOIRA, FETCH ME AN ACOUSTIC GUITAR QUICKLY PLEASE."

'He' will fetch me one, huh?

A tall young woman walked quickly into the room, a beautiful acoustic guitar laid in her arms.

"Thank you very much," I smiled at her, she sheepishly grinned in return.

Mr Trader didn't even look at her.

"Right, come with me."

He led me into the sound box and turned on the mic, and showed me where to sit and all the other important information, I thanked him and took a seat.

"Right, you'll hear me through this head set," he fixated them over me ears, as I set the guitar on my lap, and thanked him.

"Ready Taylor? We'll be recording on three, one, two, three!" He whispered, and I watched as the red recording symbol appeared on the door frame.

I smiled, and began to play.

---

"Perfect! And only in two goes!" He applauded me as I wandered back out of the sound box.

"Here, I'll go and grab Ty. He'll run you through all the editing modes, and then help you develop it as much or as little as you like, okay?" He smiled and walked out the room - I posted a picture of the sound box on my Instagram page, which had gathered a good couple of thousand followers.

"Hello there missy," a young man with a rather familiar accent swung around the doorframe, plucking off his cap and placing it down on the 'decks.'

"Oh, hey there, I'm Taylor, nice to meet you," I shook his hand, intrigued to find out where he was from.

"Tyler, hey we have pretty similar names," he laughed, and pulled a chair close to the decks for me.

"Ha, yeah. If you don't mind me asking, where are you from? Your accent sounds pretty familiar to me," I smiled.

"New York City, and I can tell you're from there too!" (I know she's not,) he laughed, as I nodded and gave him a high five.

"That's pretty cool, small world," smiling, he pulled on some head phones and turned the little knob on the giant mechanical board - his head began to bob, as he tapped his fingers on his lap like little drumsticks.

I sat in anticipation, I really hoped that he would enjoy the song.

After a few minutes, he pulled off the head phones and raised his eyebrows as he grinned at me.

"Wow Taylor, that was pretty damn impressive."

"Thanks Tyler," I blushed, this was the first compliment I'd gotten on this song, and considering it was coming from a music editor, I was extremely happy.

"Now, I don't think it needs much editing on the voice terms, although, I reckon to improve the song-"

"We add some extra sounds? Mix it up?" I grinned as I interrupted him.

"That's just what I was gonna' say!" He pointed a finger at me, and quickly swirled his chair around so that he was looking intensively at a large computer, where the 'sound waves' were displayed.

"Should we begin?" He smiled, as I nodded quite surely.

-----

Early for you lot, apology chapter;)

Votes and comments make my day:*

Written by - Cat