Calls From Home

Taylor's P.O.V

There was no way in hell that I could face my Mum after this - I had to call Calvin.

"I'm, I'm going to call Calvin," I broke from our warm embrace, I fiddled with the hem of my sweater relentlessly.

"Oh," he looked upset, "okay, that's a good idea, I guess."

My hand swept over the table as I scooped up my phone. I realised I hadn't called Calvin since I landed in England, I'm surprised he hasn't called me in the meantime.

I knew Harry was leaning against the doorframe, watching over me as I sniffled a small 'hello' into my mobile.

"Hello," I mumbled, as I pulled myself up onto the counter of the kitchen. I stole a glance from Harry, I knew he was jealous.

"Hey Taylor," his broad American accent snapped me back to reality.

"How are you babe?" I sniffled, rubbing the tears from my eyes.

"I miss you, are you crying?" I heard him ask me, I knew I couldn't cover it up, and with that thought, the waterfalls were free. I was balling my eyes out, spilling all of the previous events to my long distance boyfriend back in The States.

"M-Mum has c-cancer and I-I miss you so-o much, I want yo-you to come he-here," I stuttered, the pain I was feeling was coming out in words, and I just couldn't stop talking.

"Oh my god, Taylor I'm so sorry about your Mum! I don't know what I can d-do, I mean," I could tell he was genuinely sorry.

"I know, y-you can't d-do anything now. I just wanted t-to h-hear your voice Calvin."

Harry was looking pissed off, jealous and angry at the same time.

"I miss you baby."

"I miss you t-too Calv, please call m-me later,"

"Of course, I love you,"

"I love you more," I ended the call, on Harry's foul facial expressions request.

I put my head in my hands, and carried on sobbing quietly

The letter sprawled out in front of my vision, antagonising me to rip it into small pieces. So I did.

"FUCK YOU!" I shouted, scraping the letter off of the table and tearing it viciously in two. Shit that felt fucking good.

"CURSE," rip, "YOU," rip, "FUCKING," rip, "CANCER!" I threw the pieces across the floor, most of it landing at Harry's feet.

He calmly walked up to my side, and grasped hold of my wailing face, stopping me from going mental.

"I think you need a beer, don't you?" He smiled, I smiled, he picked up a beer, and put it in my hands.

"No, hold it," I pushed it back in my hands, and picked up the entire crate instead. Typical me.

"That's my Taylor," he grinned as we stepped outside my house, directly into the mustang parked out front.

"Nice ride," I cracked open one of the beers, and poured the contents down my throat.