Hot Coffee And Burnt Toast

A Four Years Latter... (pun intended)

Taylor P.O.V

A few years had gone and come around, I was sitting in my favorite spot in New York, the coffee shop.

Yes, you heard me right, I moved to New York right after I finished school to finally get away from him.

We never spoke again after that fight, he really hurt me and I could tell that I was hurting him. I tell myself that the timing wasn't right when really it would never work between us. We were too different.

But I've moved past it now, I met Calvin, my amazing boyfriend; He works in finance here in New York whilst I'm in the Voice academy perusing my dream of singing.

But not all is well for Arianna, she dated Louis on and off for about 3 years but she caught him cheating with some redhead, So they called it quits. Now she's single and trying to find a university here in New York so we can see each other.

It's my Mum and Dad's anniversary in a few hours, I'm flying home to visit them. I miss home so much, I also miss our cat Olivia, scratching on my legs, and falling of the sofa.

The sound of the waitress clicked me back to reality as she asked if i wanted the check,

"Yes please, I'm leaving to the airport later so make it quick." I replied to her.

She nodded, and that was my queue to start packing my laptop and put it in my bag. Im going back home in a few hours! Im so excited!

As I arrived in the airport I realized that I hadn't said goodbye to Calvin. Shit. He is going to be pissed.

Calvin is great but of of his flaws is that he is really aggressive, it scares me at times.

Flight a362 is boarding in 20 minutes....

As soon as I got into my surprisingly comfy seat, I slept the whole way home.

----

The fresh breeze hit my face and I inhaled the amazing essence, that is England.

I decided, last minute, to rent a car just so I could travel around by myself.

The lady that was at the desk was staring at the keyboard whilst pushing her glasses up her nose.

"Hi, I filled out a form for a rent a car, if I can just find it." I said shuffling threw my messy bag.

"Taylor?" I suddenly looked up only to find a friend from school.

"Oh my god, Lesley?!?" I ran around the side of the desk to engulf her in a quick hug.

"How are you? What has it been 4,5 years?"

"Around that, anyways do you want a car or?" She replied shortly.

"Yeah, is there anyway a could get a nice one?" I said leaning against the counter on my elbows and grinning widely.

----

"Mum, Dad, it's been such a long time. I've missed you so much." I said lugging my case into the house.

"Oh Taylor, we've missed you so much, but we're not very presentable, we are still in our pajama's." She started to yawn whilst outlining her outfit with her hands.

"Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the time difference, have you eaten?"

"No honey, but I'm sure I can whip up some cereal in a minute."

"Cereal on your anniversary? I don't think so, I'll go out and get breakfast."

"Taylor?"

"Yeah Dad?"

"Can you get some toast? Burnt just the way I like it."

"Of course."

I grabbed the keys off the side, got in my car and drove to get some food.

----

"Two grande latte's for Taylor."

"Yeah that's me." I pushed and shoved about 5 people out of the way and grabbed the coffee's and toast and headed for the door.

I had my eyes so focused on the coffee's that I didn't even realize someone was opening the door for me.

"Oh, thank you." My eyes were still on the coffee.

"Holy shit." I heard the guy say, with that I looked up only to see him.

"Oh my lord, it's really you!" I didn't know whether or not to be excited or sad.

"It's been 4 years." He was staring at his feet and didn't make eye contact.

"Has it?" I already the knew the answer but I didn't want to sound weird.

It was so awkward we kind of stood there for a moment in pure silence and it was killing me.

"Look I'm going to be frank Harry, I miss you, I miss you every day and I don't know want to do about it, I miss you, I want my friend back." I tilted my head to the side, wondering what his response would be.

"Taylor, I have a girlfriend."

"And I have a boyfriend, so what, does that mean we can't be friends?"

"I don't know if I can handle it."

"Please Harry, for me?"

He stood there for a minute probably considering what to do.

"Okay."

-----------

Hey guysss!!

I bet you didn't think that would happen so easily, did you? Catherine and I have a lot of things planned so keep reading...

Please vote, comment and share...

~Yasmin