67. You're On Drugs - Calum

Start from the beginning

You walked over and sat down, almost robotically, and sat down next to him. You tried to leave a space so that you weren't touching.

"Are you okay?" Luke's smile turned to a worried frown.

"Yup! Just great!" You said too cheerfully. The boys exchanged glances.

"Y/N... are you okay?" Calum asked.

"Excellent actually," you tried to smiled at him, "so what are we watching?"

Under the pressure of their stares you became how aware you needed to relax, and how only smoking would help.

"Excuse me," you got up, leaving the room.

When you were out of sight you started sprinting as quietly as you could to your room. You pulled up your mattress and took out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. You couldn't risk Calum finding them so they had to be hidden. With your shaking hands, you lit a cigarette and opened the window. You sucked in a drag slowly and blew it outside, watching the summer breeze carry away the smoke from your lungs.

Already you felt so much better. You were relaxed and calm. The shaking stopped, your stomach settled, all was well.

Then came the knocking on your door.

"Y/N are you okay?" Calum asked, his voice muffled slightly.

You panicked and momentarily froze.

That was all the time he needed to open the door, where all four of them were standing. They saw you, and you dropped the cigarette out the window in surprise.

"Y/N?!" Ashton gasped.

"Was that what I think it was?" Michael did not sound impressed with you.

You paled.

"No. No!" You shook your head frantically.

Calum looked distraught, "Y/N? Are you smoking?"

Luke was the first to act, "come here Y/N."

You gulped and walked over, "what?"

He pushed you to Calum, "you two talk. I'll search the room with Ashton, Michael go find the cigarette outside."

"Why do I need to find it?" The redheaded boy pouted.

"For evidence, and because that's littering," Luke explained while Ashton pushed into your room.

"Either you tell me where you keep them or I'll find them one way or another," he warned you, crossing his arms. You were glad you didn't have to explain yourself to him because he looked mad. His face was slowly beginning to turn red and his jaw muscle was flexing.

"That was my last one," you lied.

Ashton could tell, he turned away from you and started stripping your bed.

Luke walked into your room as well, shooting you a disappointed glance before shutting the door.

"I'll go find it then," Michael sighed, leaving to go outside.

It was just you and Calum in the hallway. He had his head in his hands as he slowly slid down the wall. You sat down on the floor beside him.

"I'm sorry Calum," you murmured softly, playing with the frays on your jeans, "please don't be mad."

"I'm not mad Y/N. I'm just-" his voice cracked, "did you start smoking because of me?" He looked up at you intensely. You noted the tears in his eyes and how upset he looked.

You were taken aback by the question and emotion, "I- Calum. I, I..."

"You did didn't you? You can't Y/N," he frowned.