66. You Get Suspended/Expelled - Luke

Start from the beginning

You glanced up at snobby kid and saw his jaw drop, then clench shut. His eyes glittered with anger as he got ready to speak again.

You glared at him, daring him to try it. He smirked at you and leaned forward, opening his mouth to speak.

Y/BFF/N looked rather alarmed at the exchange and tried to stop it.

Luckily for once he didn't have to as the bell rang, signaling the end of the period. The class was tense as you all packed up your things.

The tension more or less dissipated as you all filed out of the room. When you passed your teachers desk you more or less heard her sigh out in relief.

"That was close Y/N," Y/BFF/N sighed.

"I know," you mumbled.

"You can't let him get to you like that," he chastised you.

"I know," you groaned again, staring at your shoes as you walked to lunch.

"If you fight him you will actually get expelled," he said seriously.

"He has it coming," you said mumbled.

"What?" He looked over at you, evidently not having heard what you said. You decided not to repeat yourself.

"Nothing, I'll try not to beat the snot out of that piece of poo though," you promised him, using Hemming's swears. You had struck a deal with Luke a long time ago that you were only aloud to swear right after games. That was when you were the most hyped and needed to blow off steam. So on the drive home he'd allow you to use profanity as long as you didn't the rest of the time. You took that rule seriously, and you saved your profanity for your rants.

"Fair enough," your best friend rolled his eyes the two of you entered the cafeteria.

Luckily you and Y/E/N didn't share a lunch period, because then you weren't sure that even Y/BFF/N could stop the two of you from fighting, especially when the entire room would be thirsty for blood. Your school was infamous for cheering on fights, which was part of the reason why they were strictly banned in the first place.

The only other times when Y/BFF/N couldn't block you from fighting was of course when he wasn't in school. Usually that wasn't often, and you were grumpy enough that people didn't try your patience, but he was sick now.

"Y/N," he called you Sunday night, just as you were getting ready to go to bed. You noted the raspiness in his voice with alarm, and sucked in a breath when you heard him turn away to cough.

"Are you okay?" You asked him worriedly. You always felt really bad when he was sick because you couldn't do anything. You couldn't literally fight that. At least not with your fists.

"Do I sound okay?" He responded, sassy as ever.

"Well your voice sounds like a lifetime smoker, but your sass is still alive and well," you snorted.

"Wow, well I really just called to tell you that I'm probably not going to teenager jail tomorrow," he said, still pretty snarky.

"I think I can manage a day without you, I've done it before, in fact there was a time before I knew you when I did it all on my own," you harrumphed.

"Yeah when you were six!" He laughed, "it's okay, I know you love me, and I sure hope that you can handle it."

"I can," you insisted.

"So when you come by my house tomorrow with lots of Strawberry Ice Cream I won't be hearing any stories of you fighting at school?" He asked, somehow roping you into coming over to his house tomorrow (something that hour admittedly would probably do anyway), and bringing him his favorite flavor of ice cream.