65. You Surprise Him On Tour - Michael

Start from the beginning

"Wow, now I really don't want to invite you," he grumbled.

You laughed, "you already did Lucas."

He sighed playfully, "I guess."

"So what's the occasion?" You put down the controller and flopped down on the couch while you talked to him.

"Maybe I just want to see my favorite Clifford," he said, sounding rather offended that you didn't just assume such a thing.

"Mhmmm, your favorite Clifford huh? So if I were to say, call Ashton, and ask him the same thing I asked you he would give me the same answer?" You raised an eyebrow.

The line was quiet for a few moments, "...I mean I can't really speak for Ashton, no telling what he would say."

You didn't miss a beat, "in that case I think I will ask him what he thinks then."

"NO! Fine you win! Darn it, okay so here's the deal, there's this really cute stagehand that I think would be just perfect for you-" he started rambling.

You were horrified, "LUKE!" You yelled in embarrassment.

"Fine fine, I was just kidding don't freak out. No, it's just that all of us have had visitors and Michael hasn't had one yet. Plus he could use a little pick-me-up, I think he really misses you," the blonde said something earnest for once.

"Well I think I'd be a little offended if he didn't miss me. I miss him a lot too," you admitted, "so what's the plan?"

"Okay so you're going to catch a flight down here to the airport, and the boys and I are going to trick Michael into coming. That way when you get out of the gate and walk down he'll be all surprised and stuff," he explained to you.

"So it's a surprise?" You asked.

"Yup, maybe we can even have a party after?!" He said with too much enthusiasm.

Something was up with this whole party business. You believed Luke that he wanted to you to come in order to cheer your brother up. You did not believe that he just came up with the idea of making it a surprise and inviting everyone. Nope.

"Luuuke," you said accusingly.

"What? I mean? I just... so maybe, hypothetically, I had a chocolate cake. And maybe Calum ate the whole thing without telling me. And it's a possibility that Ashton's on a health kick and won't let me bring another one onto the bus. There also could've been a meeting we all had yesterday about inviting you to tour with us, and there may have been a decision to have you over on the next leg. But maybe I really needed an excuse for cake and so possibly already booked your plane tickets so that you'd be down here next week," you could hear him picking at his nails when he finished talking.

"Hypothetically?" You teased him.

"Hypothetically," he confirmed.

"Well, I guess I'm on board, when's the flight?" You shrugged. Hey, you got to see Michael sooner rather than later, who cared that it was because of Luke's sugar tooth?

Luke told you the dates and sent you the tickets. You got permission from your parents and was all set to hold up your end.