65. You Surprise Him On Tour - Luke

Start from the beginning

"I would say he just seems blue," Calum added.

"Like he misses home," Ashton agreed.

"Poor little dude," Ben said, "he's homesick."

"Well we just need to send him a piece of home then, something to cheer him up right?" Jack asked.

Ashton and Calum glanced at each other, "maybe," Calum sighed.

"Homesickness gets really super intense when you're gone for so long," Ashton bit down on his lip, "I'm not sure sending him an old poster or some homemade cookies will do it this time."

"If he's anything like me," Michael commented, "it's not so much the stuff that you miss, but the people and the physical place."

"Yeah," Cashton agreed, nodding their heads.

"Well we can't move the house to the tour bus," Liz chuckled.

"But someone could visit him," Ben suggested.

"That's what I would suggest," Ashton agreed.

"Who though?" Jack looked at each of you.

"Y/N," Liz said, "it's easiest if she goes."

"Me?" You squeaked out in surprise. You were worried about Luke and you wanted him to get better but you weren't sure you were the person to send.

"Yeah, he probably has fonder memories of you," Jack chuckled a little.

"Plus you don't have a job or anything else to do when you're off of school," Ben sighed fondly, "the good old days."

"It's settled then," Liz clapped her hands, "Y/N will go cheer Luke up."

"We'll surprise him!" Michael said happily.

"Not knowing will make it so much cooler when she finally shows up," Calum agreed. So nobody was telling Luke? You hoped that he liked the surprise then, because it would be pretty awkward if you showed up and he wasn't happy to see you still.

You were on the next flight to see your brother. You got little time to pack or mentally prepare really, but your Mum helped, and you tried to grab things that would cheer up your brother. His old stuffed penguin, and the quilt he used to always be curled up in both made their way into your bag.

Almost three hours after the decision was made to send you, management agreed and you were on a flight. It wasn't pleasant and you hated flying alone, but you would do anything for Luke, knowing that he would return the favor.

Many hours after that you were on the ground in the city of that nights concert, and since the boys were at soundcheck, driven by security to the venue. You were going to have to sleep on the bus that night and you were not overly enthusiastic about that either, but you again were willing to deal for Luke's sake.

You left your bags in the car to be taken back to the bus, while a security guard walked out to escort you inside the venue.

There were already fans and parents out and about even though the concert wasn't to start for many more hours. Some recognized you and waved a hello, others looked jealous that you could go in, but most ignored you completely.

When you walked in and down to where you could see the stage, you gasped at Luke's appearance. He was hunched over like something was pressing him down. He looked very very pale, and even from your distant vantage point you could see the dark purple smudges under his eyes. His hair was unkept, and his clothes rumpled. He just looked tired. His singing and guitar playing showed it as well.

"Luke?" You asked, walking up to the edge of the stage.

He stopped playing and furrowed his eyebrows, he moved slowly to look down at you, as if the movement caused him physical pain.