Chapter 29

That Night, After the Reception Sting POV

"Come on Y/n" I said grabbing her hand.

"Where are we going?" She replied

"It's tradition for the bride and groom to stay in a hotel room after the wedding. I already booked us a room". We were walking through crocus when a carriage stopped next to us.

"Greetings. Do you need a ride? It would surely be a shame if those lovely outfits got soiled" The Driver offered.

"Oh I would love that. Thank you very much sir" Y/n replied. I held open the door and she stepped in. I slid next to her on the seat and closed the door.

"Where to?"

"Florins St. and Flowers Ave." He cracked his whip and the horses went off. Y/n leaned her head against my shoulder.

"I'm so happy Sting. Ever since I went to my first wedding in my old village, I've dreamed of a day when I could get married to the perfect guy. My wish finally came true". Si wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

"I never went to wedding, or even saw one. For the longest time I thought it was dumb, and a complete waste of time and money. But when your eighteenth birthday came up, I needed to do something big, and I realized that what I wanted, was to marry you"

"I was scared that day. When you asked me to follow you, I was scared something bad would happen. But I was so surprised. I wish I could re-create that feeling of concern and fear very quickly escalating to the feeling of joy and love". The carriage pulled to a stop.

"Here we are."

"Shit. Sting do you have any money" Y/n asked me.

"No why?"

"How are we gonna pay this guy otherwise?"

"Don't fret. You're wizards right? I can tell from the mark on your shoulder". Y/n looked at her left shoulder where her guild mark was. "You saved our city, and gave us all a fantastic show during The Grand Magic Games. You needn't pay me anything". Sting opened the door and stepped out. Holding Stings hand, Y/n stepped out.

"Thank you very much sir. Have a lovely night" Y/n said.

"You're very welcome! Good night". He cracked his whip and rode off.

"Y/n. I don't think I've ever seen you this polite".

"Well I don't usually like to be this polite, and as you know, I'm usually not. But this city just kinda... puts me in the mood". We walked through the doors, and I led us to the desk.

"Hello and Welcome. Do you wish to book a room, or do you already have a reservation?" The woman behind the counter asked.

"I made a reservation a few days ago" I replied.

"Alright." She pulled out a list. "Last name?"

"Effucile." She began scanning her list until she stopped.

"Here it is. Room 777 on the tenth floor." She put two keys on the counter. "These are the keys to your room which you can also use for access to our pool, and workout area. Have a lovely evening". We each took a key and went to the elevator. I pressed the up button and it immediately opened. Y/n stepped in and pressed the 10 button. No one seemed to be using the elevator, because within seconds, we were on the tenth floor. After stepping out, we looked at signs and figured out where our room was.

Y/n POV

You slid your key though and the light blinked green and clicked. You turned the doorknob and stepped in. In there was a large-ish room. It had a single large bed in the middle, covered in white sheets. In front of that was a stand with a lacrimatron standing on it. Next to that was a desk with pamphlets, a note pad and a swivel chair. Near the entrance there was a door into the bathroom. Then at the end of the room, thee wall was replaced by a glass sliding door with silk drapes over it.