Chapter 24

Y/n POV
You watched as dragon eggs fell from the sky. They hatched creating smaller dragons. You decided it was ok to kill these guys, they weren't real dragons.

You ran on the building and then jumped off where you saw another dragon. Gajeel was fighting this one but he didn't seem to have anyone backing him up. You jumped up.

"Hell Fire Dragon Roar" You shouted as you hit a few smaller dragons.

"Thanks Y/n" He said.

"Don't think of me as a comrade. And stay focused" You snarled.

'I'm on a whole new level. Gajeel, Natsu, Wendy, Laxus, Cobra all those dragon slayers will never be my allies. I am above them. Gajeel and Natsu may have beaten me, but I was weak, I'm stronger now, I am above them' you thought as you fought off dragons
Despite their size, they were still quite strong.

"Y/n! There you are" You heard and turned to look at Ex/n. And then it all happened so fast.

"Look out!". You were shoved aside, and a dragons claw landed in someone. After getting out of the initial shock you saw Gajeel, his chest peirced by a dragon claw. He fell to the ground and the dragon turned, walking away.

"Gajell!". You caught his body as it fell.

"Y-y/n. Don't worry about... Me...". He stopped. You felt his heartbeat. Nothing.

"Gajeel. I'm so sorry. I said you weren't a comrade. That I was above you. But I am not. I had to be saved by you. I am not above you. I am not below you, we are equals. I'm sorry I couldn't save you, after all, you saved me". Tears streamed out of your eyes. "I thought because I was the chosen dragon slayer that I was above you, that you had nothing I didn't. But I understand now. You have heart, and you believe in comradery. Gajeel. I will not let your death be taken in vain". You lay him down gently.

"Y/n..." Ex/n started.

"No! Keep watch of him, this is my battle to fight alone!". You formed your wings and flew up and forward at the dragon. "HELL FIRE TALLON". The force and anger in the attack managed to knock of some of the scales on him.

It turned, almost confused.

"THIS IS FOR GAJEEL!! HELLISH BREATH OF THE RED-". Something was wrong. Everything stopped. It then all seemed to reset. Back to when he...

"Look out!".

"I GOT IT". I caught the dragons claw in hand before it hit me or him. "Gajeel. I'm sorry! I am not above you or any other dragon slayer, I am your equal. You are my equal. You are my comrade! Now then!". You flipped up its claw, flipping it over.

"Whoa! Where'd ya get strength like that?!".

"Ex/n! You are to aide Gajeel in whatever he... Needs...". Your breathing slowed and you fell over.

"Y/n!" Ex/n yelled.

Normal POV
"What happened to her?" Gajeel asked Ex/n as Y/n closed her eyes.

"She over exerted herself. That spell, and that strength was to much. She's low on magic too. I'm going to fly her to a safe zone, but I'll be back to help" Ex/n said. Gajeel nodded and she picked up Y/n and flew off.

"Ex....Ex/n" Y/n said meekly.

"I know. I know". Ex/n flew up and found Atlas. "ATLAS!". He turned and looked at her and Y/n.

"Oh! The legendary child has returned" He said.

"She needs fire and lots of it. She's run out of magic! Please let her consume your fire".