Chapter 28

Y/n POV

You sat on the edge of the balcony looking out unto the darkened city. Despite how late it was, there was still some activity going on in the city.

"Y/n?" Ex/n asked walking up behind you.

"Oh, hey Ex/n!" You replied a little shocked.

"What are you still doing up?"

"I can't sleep".

"To excited about tomorrow?"

"No. I'm just... Well I liked Sting since we were kids. But I only confessed when he was 17 and I was 16. I mean we were only together for 2 years. I'm thinking I might a rushed into this ya know?"

"I thought that at first too. But I know you two didn't rush it. You've always known what's best for yourself. And besides you two have always had a close relationship. You go at your own pace, despite what the normal is. When you told me he was the holy light dragon slayer I was skeptical. I mean you are hell fire. But you guys worked together so well that by the time you were 16 and 17 you already knew how to do Unision Raids and some team attacks. I think it's fine you're already getting married".

"Thanks Ex/n".

"You aren't coming back to sleep?"

"No. Not yet at least, I think I wanna take a walk around Crocus". You jumped up and flew into the city. You landed and began walking around, just kinda trying to figure something out. As you were walking you saw Erza standing at a balcony. You walked up next to her.

"Y/n?! What are you doing here?! You need your rest for the big day tomorrow." She almost yelled.

"Erza, it's 11pm. I think I'll be fine." You replied.

"I guess your right. So what brings you around here?"

"I guess I'm still confused about something?"

"What is that?"

"Well, we were awful in the Grand Magic Games. I was awful before it even began. Yet after I surrendered, you guys showed me and SaberTooth sympathy and compassion. Gajeel taught me comradery and helped me during the dragon fights. He even died for me. But all we did to you guys was humiliate you, ridicule you, hurt you, hell Minevra tortured you! And yet here we are, as friends, and hell your one of my bridesmaids. It doesn't make sense to me!"

"It's true. Your guild was awful to us during the games, but one thing stuck out. You were strong. Each and every one of you showed your impressive power. But you and Yukino showed something new, we didn't expect from a guild like you. You showed weakness. Yukino cried after she lost her match and showed she was afraid. You surrendered because you felt you would be unable to see your friend Ex/n, even if you won. Even before Gajeel taught you true comradery, you had comrades. You had Yukino, who after she was kicked out, you still kept a gift she gave you. And you have Sting, who despite Jeimma changing, you still devoted yourself to. And Rouge, who you still cared about, even when he annoyed you. And you two had close enough of a connection to perform a unision raid. You showed your guild deep in its core, had heart. And we respected that, and we wanted to help. And as you said, your driven to become a new guild".

"Erza. Why? Why do you care so much about me? Especially because I had a good relationship with Minevra who caused you so much pain".

"Your actions are not her actions. I saw your weakness and realized your a good person. And your relationship with her can be chocked up to you two growing up as the only girls in SaberTooth for a while. I care about you because I see myself in you. I used to think my suffering was a burden to my own friends so I never told them my secrets. I see that happening to you. I wish to help you so you don't fall into the same trap I did".