Chapter 25

Normal POV

"We?" Rouge asked.

"Yeah. Come on." Y/n said and started walking. Rouge closely followed her.

"Y/n wait!" Sting called.

"Sting! Don't. Even. Try." Y/n snapped harshly. She continued on. After a little more walking she and Rouge found themselves in the royal garden. Y/n sat on a bench. Rouge sat next to her.

"Y/n what is this all about?" Rouge asked.

"Did Skaidrum ever tell you about a prophecy?".

"Umm. I don't think so."

"Makes sense. He didn't have conformation until Atlas likely told him otherwise."

"Prophecy? Confirmation? What are you talking about Y/n?"

"I'm sure your aware of my wings being a secret. But they are a part of a long complicated prophecy of the dragon slayers. The prophecy is more like say a bible, and a religion unto itself. Its quite vauge and complex. But there are important pieces that involve you. 'After 14 years, the world will be ready. They can know of her magic, and not just her true love, her blood, and her master. But the world.' '7 years later, she shall rise up as queen of dragons. The child of legends shall rise up as queen of the dragons. Her words will influence the darkness in the hearts of dragons and they shall bow to her. She shall become the queen of dragons. For she is the one who bears her wings'. I'm not allowed to speak of how I got my wings or of the prophecy to those who are not of my blood family, my true love, or my master."

"I get that but how am I any of those?"

"There is one more verse that involves you directly. Despite it's vagueness. 'Her blood. Those who are of her blood shall rule the dragons should she fall. Those who are of her blood shall feed upon the shadows she brought out of the dragons darkness before her death. The one of shadows is of her blood.'"

"The one of shadows? You mean..."

"That's right Rouge. You are my brother." He smiled. A genuine smile that was rare. He then hugged Y/n tightly. She hugged him back. 

"I knew something was off that night. Now I understand."

"What night?". Rouge broke the hug.

"There were two nights I had a certain feeling I couldn't describe. The night I met you, and the night on the train here. It makes sense now". He pulled out a picture. "I carry this picture with me no matter what. I never knew why, but when I found it I felt a special connection."

Y/n took the picture and looked at it. It was a picture of a young girl. She had long black hair, and was wearing a short red dress with black leggings. Her eyes were a bright e/c (eye color).

"Where did you get this picture?"

"In our search for Saber Tooth we found a burned down and destroyed village. We rummaged the village looking for survivors and anything salvageable. Within the ruble I found this photo and felt an instant connection. I decided to keep it". Y/n started crying.

"This picture was taken when I was very young. Atlas was still around. I lived a little away from the village and I visited whenever I had a break from training, or needed food. One night they had a celebration. No reason, they just enjoyed having parties. That was when the picture of me was taken. Sadly the village is no more. Although I suppose that is my fault. After being devesated because I had to kill my dad, I celebrated with fireworks and burned the whole place down."

"You have issues".

"Your point being?"

"Fair enough". He took another look at Y/n and burst out laughing.